The Indy Solstice Tour of KAT

WMcD

I'm back from the factory tour and meeting. A splendid time was had by all, at least the guests; the fine folks at Klipsch Audio Technology may be relieved we didn't distroy anything!

1E6 thanks for all the hosptiality.

The rest of you missed a very good time.

I'm sure others will post pictures.

Gil

• 1 month later...

It is like going to Disneyland or the American Museum of Natural History (NYC) or the Smithsonian. There is too much to take in and the big exhibits will distract from the small ones.

My recall is that the Heritage room does not have any CW. Only current production Heritage. You'll love it though. The big guys in the corners are the best.

The home home theater room is current Ref stuff, which I was not too interested in, but they want to show off. Understandable.

The ABX room is worth spending some time in. Bring you're favorite CDs for use and review. I brought a CD with pink noise and could not hear any difference in A to B on the speaker wire under test. So there was no reason to go through the X. But do spend some time there in whatever experiment they can set up for you.

It might be asking too much to expect them to bless your project. They're really not in the business of giving a go-nogo to experimenters. Unless they've done it, and want to talk about it, they might just give you some encouragement with no promise for success and no dire predictions of failure. Naturally, I can't speak for them or predict what the good folks are into.

I don't know whether they'll have parts on hand for you. Construction is done in Hope or elsewhere. Indy is the technical lab and business center.

Be prepared to meet some very nice people who are very knowledgeable. A great bunch. This is an understatement.

Let us know what you find.

I can not say enough about the hospitality the folks at KAT showed us during the Solstice "convention". You're going to have a very good time.

Gil