Post pics of your toys

NOZ

Cyclone - Nice ride!

"Here is one you don't see every day." Actually, I DO see one almost every day. It's parked at the CompUSA near my house, presumably owned by an employee there. There's also a H2 with a "for sale" sign parked there - they pay those people way too much money! (LOL)

DD

----------------

On 6/26/2003 2:58:44 PM dougdrake wrote:

Actually, I DO see one almost every day.

----------------

I have been told there are many of these down south. Also, that many were used in the backwoods to catch the moonshine (not m00nshine!)runners. That's what one of mine was doing before I got it. It still had the holes in the dash for the lights & radio.

Poindexter,

That is one of my favorite clips. When we were done doing it, I thought it sounded like Dr. Who meets David Lindley. Wish I had real drums on it, but they don't fit in my 8x8 space. 9.gif

Marvel

It does.... I have had it up to 61mph. It also handles better that any other jet I have driven.

The first year it was in the shop after every 10 hours of ride time. Many problems. Seems they finally got them all fixed.

Not to sound like I'm bragging but you asked for it, so...

Here's a pic of my toy I drive daily. '93 Silverado 2WD, 350TBI, CD, DVD, TV, 10" sub. I'm selling this one. I'm getting an '86 Astro Van 350TPI this weekend. I used to own the van 7 years ago. It's funny how things have a tendency to come back to me. I wish the '69 RoadRunner I sold 2 years ago would come back, though. 440, airgrabber hood, she was nice and I miss her dearly.

I also have a '65 Riviera getting redone. Hopefully, I'll have that back by late summer. 4 year project I hope it gets done soon. 15.gif

post-11495-13819248176954_thumb.jpg

03AcuraTL.jpg

Yea, this was in another thread but it fits in here just the same. 2003 Acura TL Type-S, 260hp FWD with 5-speed Sequential Sport-Shift. Done up in White Diamond Pearl. The two-stage intake manifold kinda gives it a supercharger effect when the throttle gets mashed.

I also once had a 75' Mercury Montego MX. Really it was a "mutt" car having the front of a Cougar and the back of a Torino. Nothin' too special about it, except for for it being the first year for all the emissions garbage (which I quickly took off back then because it was legal to do so). It was only a 351w 2V but sounded much bigger.

Tony Boone- What are you doing storing the floor mats on the hood?? Just teasin'2.gif

If I had the pics with me I'd put up some of the competition handguns I've built. IPSC used to be a lot of fun till people started bring $5,000+ 1911's to the unlimited class.11.gif

----------------

On 6/27/2003 11:57:42 AM easylistener wrote:

What was going on with it?

----------------

This is the second year of the fuel injection. The computer kept shutting down into safe mode (35mph). Then they got that fixed & it started blowing exhaust hoses. The third time I took it in for that they had a factory repair, the new hose had a sleeve in it.

50+ hours on it this year & all is well.

----------------

On 6/27/2003 12:15:55 PM Johnny dB wrote:

Not to sound like I'm bragging but you asked for it, so...

----------------

I think that is the point of this thread!....9.gif

Nice truck!... I think I saw that in one of the other pics... was it in the pic of you building in your garage?

----------------

On 6/27/2003 12:27:51 PM cyclonecj wrote:

This is the second year of the fuel injection. The computer kept shutting down into safe mode (35mph). Then they got that fixed & it started blowing exhaust hoses. The third time I took it in for that they had a factory repair, the new hose had a sleeve in it.

50+ hours on it this year & all is well.

----------------

I this a big problem when any toys are getting changed over to FI. Look at all of them Snowmobiles, outboards, jetskis, motocycles. What I don't understand is why they don't work on fuel maping in house? Why do they leave it up to the customer. I can't even tell you guys how many of these toys I have taken apart because of this problem. Most of the time it is due to the companies cutting corners.

I am glad to hear it is running good for you now.

DSCF2138.jpg

Years ago I was a freelance photographer and did some wedding photography, and I always loved using classic manual 35mm camera equipment. Here's a small portion of some of the gear I had ('70's vintage Olympus and Nikon bodies and lenses, and an old Petri rangefinder from the '60's).

post-11084-13819248184032_thumb.jpg

1933 Emerson 25A_a.jpg

Before I was laid off and went bankrupt, I also started collecting antiques. But I always had a fondness for antique vacuum tube radios, and this little mantle radio is one of my favorites...a '33 Emerson-Ingraham Model 25A 4-tube AM radio that's completely original, minus the new caps and a cloth power cord to replicate its worn out cord. The walnut finish, bakelite knobs, all the tubes, even the grille cloth...all original! Not bad for a 70 year old radio that still pulls in local stations.

post-11084-13819248185212_thumb.jpg