A garage full of Klipsch!

CaptnBob

ebay number 2539299927 (I think-my handwriting's a little hard to decipher.)

This could be quite the find for someone who has the space, the time, the cleaning supplies, and a way to get what appears to be a half ton of loudspeakers home from Indiana. It looks like there are at least a pair of Electro-Voice ST-120 horns in there with everything else. Hard to tell from the picture, though.

There seems to be enough to put together a pretty nice sound system, though - especially if you have a baronial living room to keep it in. 9.gif

This PA system is out of a club here in Indianapolis, Indiana. The owner selling it, owns several rock n roll clubs. I will be honest it is rough..cabinet wise. I talked to the owner, and he said he did not think all of the drivers worked. They had trouble replacing/ locating them and in the late 80's early 90's these went into storage. (LOTS of dust, several yrs old sitting there.)

That said, Someone with the right situation, i.e., lots of room, and scavanging the good stuff from the bad, it could be one hell of a great outdoor system!!!

I sang in a band (Exposure) in the midwest IN, KY, OH, IL region. We were well known for 4 years and I am almost 99% positive this is the same system we played through several times. I do not see the super tweeter arrays here in the pic, but they might be behind something else.

It might be one heck of a project with some elbow grease and some good luck..would sound beautiful. Selling the parts alone if you clean em up and see if they are working could score you big time on Ebay. I know Jim at Klipsch, was possibly excited about it too.

My 2 cents.

• 4 weeks later...

ARRRRRGGGGHHH!

Wish I'd bought this stuff- It's in my city (Indy) and I've got plenty of barns for storage/rebuilding! IndyKlipschFan- if you EVER see anything like this again, please notify at once!

currently the Party Barn has a tri-amplified system, mostly EV, JBL and BagEnd cabinets- This 'pile 'o' Klipsch' would have made a great addition. Me, I just like having the stufff around- makes you feel good even if it's not plugged in!

Actually, this one I think was used at the Emerson Theatre. Here in Indy, we also played through one at the The Vogue when it was dime beer night on wednesdays paying our dues too be headliners on a friday sat night when people came out to hear REAL rock n roll, drink, dance, try to pic up someone from the opposite sex, and have a great time the years 80- 85. The MCM system I remeber most, was at "The Patio" Bar in Broad Ripple when it was an even smaller bar. I have no IDEA what they were thinking using it there? Wayyyyy too small of a club. All I know / remember for sure, was the bass bins were actually part of the stage and standing on them doing John Mellencamp type rock n roll tunes in the mid 80's was a blast...

A little ditty...bout jack n diane.....Kick in those drums Kenny!! ba ba ba.. da da da da da thump...

Chorus:

Oh yeah, life goes on

Long after the thrill of livin´ is gone

Oh yeah, life goes on

Long after the thrill of livin´ is gone

Drum Solo....cranked up!!!!!

Gonna let it rock

Let it roll

Let the bible belt come down

And save my soul

Hold on to 16 as lang as you can

Changes comin´ round real soon

Make us women and men

Little ditty about jack and diane

Two american kids doin´ the best they can

Doesn't get any better than that guys!! A whole room of lovely looking ladies..and guys holding up their beers screaming/ sining the song back at ya too. While we were a very good college fraternity / bar band regionally... I can only imagine, what say in Mellencamps heyday, something like 20-50K people singing along with you, would have been like!!

Emerson Theatre (back in midnight movie days- or way is daze) was a huge Altec system, perhaps they changed for Klipsch when they went live rock and roll. Wonder what happened to those Altecs- about 8' tall stack, and that was the rear 'surrounds' way up above yer head- really scary.

It really pains me to lose out on a bid for some of my city's r'n'r history. That MCM stack would have been great in my barn!