KT-LCR

T2K

I'm thinking about buying a pair of KT-LCR's for 2-channel use with my SW12II sub and tube amp. Anyone ever tried this before, and if so, what did you think? Thanks for any comments regarding the KT-LCR.

Hi, I have the full set of Klipsch THX.

In my opinion they are a very under appreciated set of speakers.

They have a fabulous midrange, and pretty good treble. Being sealed units they are not going to have much for bass, so plan on crossing them over using the crossover in the SW12.

Positioned correctly they image like crazy. I've had my best luck with them placed vertically with the tweeter at or slightly above ear level, and out a foot or more from back and side walls.

I'm using La Scala's now for mains, but the THX KT-LCR's are no slouch.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the comments Lyle. I picked up a new pair cheap ($99 ea.) and plan to use them as stated earlier. Can't stand too much on the top end, and that is what I was concerned about. Guess I'll find out for myself in the next few days.

Thanks again.

You'll like the KT-LCR. I sure do. I'm using a single for my center channel and it sounds great. It works well with my Cornwalls up front and RS-7 for surround and SS-3 for rear surround. The Sony DA7ES kicks it along just fine.You got a great deal on the price too, I paid more than twice the price for mine.

You'll like the KT-LCR. I sure do. I'm using a single for my center channel and it sounds great. It works well with my Cornwalls up front and RS-7 for surround and SS-3 for rear surround. The Sony DA7ES kicks it along just fine.You got a great deal on the price too, I paid more than twice the price for mine.

Thanks for the reassurance Jack. Yes, considering the price and the fact that they are new and walnut, I couldn't pass them up. Maybe I should buy the rest of them. 2.gif

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I got them. New in box. The walnut is nice. I've listened to them for about 4 hours with the Scott 222-C. Their sound is somewhat 'darker' than I expected, which is just the way I like it. Allowed me to pop the Tele's back in the Scott and, yumm, detail/clarity improvement without the nail/chalkboard top end. Thanks again for the comments.

Keith