My Neighbors are blasting music, dare I?

Ok, about a month ago we got new neighbors. They are "trash with cash". Their house is beautiful, probably $500,000 ish, not too shabby right? Oh, but what is this? Their yard has grass 6 inches tall, they have an old 16+ person party boat in their driveway... everyday. They have 3 dogs that bark at everything. When he does cut the yard he has no shirt on and is drinking a beer. They emtpy out their in ground pool like once a week which floods our back yard. They have a pop-up tent in their back yard all the time, it never goes down.

Anyways, their new hobby is playing music really loud with lots of bass (kind of impressive bass really). But it is, dare I say, pop music. I have nothing against any genre of music, but when you play Pop music constantly, at loud volumes, with only a few singles but in high rotation, it gets quite annoying.

So, would it be bad of me to get my system pumping out music against theirs? I am sure that I could easily over do their setup. I am about to go up stairs and see if I can't peak through the trees and such to see what system they have.

They are just not nice people. They have three kids as well and they are little heathens... they were launching roman candles at our cars the other night and when we put those in the garage they were attacking our fountain.

What would you do?

What would I do?

Direct my four RF7's at the SOB's and play Metallica full tilt,all the subs backing the quartet.

A week later I would get my Klipsch Pro theater mains speakers and four ServoDrive bass bins.Then the party would start.130dB style

The next step would be the use of force,and some intimidation thrown for good measure.

• Like 1

----------------

On 7/5/2003 3:19:19 PM justin_tx_16 wrote:

What would you do?

----------------

If you did what they're doing what would that say about you? That you're as inconsiderate as they are? Probably.

If I had a house I suppose I might entertain the idea of allowing them an involuntary audition of my La Scalas directed at their house. But what would I play? I like pipe organ music and would probably play Michael Murphy's cd of Bach as played on the First Congregational Church pipe organ in Los Angeles. It would probably annoy the heck out of them not to mention the bass that those low pipes can hit. Maybe Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries? I dunno.

I'd probably find some high pitched frequency or maybe siren sound and play it as loud as you can during the time that they're serenading the neighborhood with their stuff. If you have a keyboard create a looped wav file with two dissonant notes and direct it their way.

I wouldn't play music though. Has to be something really annoying. They've demonstrated that they don't get terribly annoyed with loud (pop in their case) music by their own actions.

Tony B.

----------------

On 7/5/2003 5:18:51 PM Tony Boone wrote:

----------------

On 7/5/2003 3:19:19 PM justin_tx_16 wrote:

What would you do?

----------------

If you did what they're doing what would that say about you? That you're as inconsiderate as they are? Probably.

If I had a house I suppose I might entertain the idea of allowing them an involuntary audition of my La Scalas directed at their house. But what would I play? I like pipe organ music and would probably play Michael Murphy's cd of Back as played on the First Congregational Church in Los Angeles. It would probably annoy the heck out of them not to mention the bass that those low pipes can hit. Maybe Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries? I dunno.

I'd probably find some high pitched frequency or maybe siren sound and play it as loud as you can during the time that they're serenading the neighborhood with their stuff. If you have a keyboard create a looped wav file with two dissonant notes and direct it their way.

I wouldn't play music though. Has to be something really annoying. They've demonstrated that they don't get terribly annoyed with loud (pop in their case) music by their own actions.

Tony B.

----------------

Get the CD 'Viral Sonata' by DJ Spooky. That will drive them to suicide, trust me. It is a OK CD with headphones, but my GOD is gets annoying if you play it loud.

You're either gonna start a feud with them, and they'll play their crap louder and more often, or they will take it as a sign that you are cool with loud music, and they will play their's louder and more often. Either way, it's not a winner.

• Like 1

----------------

On 7/5/2003 5:46:37 PM jzoz01 wrote:

You're either gonna start a feud with them, and they'll play their crap louder and more often, or they will take it as a sign that you are cool with loud music, and they will play their's louder and more often. Either way, it's not a winner.

----------------

I tend to agree. Maybe you could put an anonymous (typed) message on (not in) their mail box? Or just go and ask them to turn their crap down.

Tony B.

Calling the police always works, too!

And Tony, I grew up on pipe organ music myself (my dad works for a small pipe organ firm in CT)...If you really want to annoy the neighbors, don't choose serious and pleasing works by Bach...go for "The Art of Improvisation" by organist Jean Guillou (1991 Dorian Recordings DOR-90101). That disc is made up of spur-of-the-moment improvisations right at the console at the very moment or recording. It's typical 20th Century "noise"...I'm not a fan of modern classical music; sounds like he just slapped at the keyboards, or used his forearms and mashed down a bunch of keys while stumbling around on the pedalboard! My mom bought that disc for me for my birthday years ago...she didn't know!14.gif

Oh, and Tony, you said "...I like pipe organ music and would probably play Michael Murphy's cd of Back as played on the First Congregational Church in Los Angeles."

You probably typed the words in too fast to notice the spelling errors (I thought it was funny)...it's Michael Murray playing Bach, not Murphy playing Back...you got the church right, though, LOL! That church has two fine organs, an old Skinner and a much newer Fisk. Played together, they sound marvelous!

Justin,

All you have to do is ask me in a polite way. I will be happy to turn it down. Please feel free to come over and have a dip in the pool with the kids.........

On page 73 of the dope. Many thanks.

BLAST THEM!! When it gets dark, back the boat into the pool and start it up. Surfs up.

tc

Hey, Justin! Small world! So that's you next door! C'mon over for a brewsky, I just got a new Captain and Tennile record. Wear your shoes, though (you know, the dogs...and the kids).

fini

• Like 1

Justin,

I want you to be making a couple road trips to St. Louis from Mizzou first semester for Horns and Tubes sesions, so don't do anything that will result in significant jail time in Texas.

Call your subdivision board of directors, if you have one. Find out what restrictive covenants are in place regarding grass height, number of dogs, leaving marine vehicles in open, leash and vaccination laws for your town. If there is no subdivision covenant, then find the city or municipal regulations and beat the neighbors about the head with inspectors. Borrow an SPL meter, and chart their excursions into poor musical tastes. If the peak averages are greater than 85dB A scale slow, then the police will be quite willing to get involved.

Try to get three or four of your neighbors to start a 6am lawn service on all adjacent properties...three or four days in a row. If the neighbors all have significant valued homes as well, their concern will be as high or higher than yours. Last but not least, you can show your musical depravity far exceeds theirs. Suggested materials would include ABBA's greatest hits, KC and the Sunshine Band, and some new Rascal Flats for starters. Clip edit the start of Who let the Dogs out, as well as an underlying 25K to 30K test tone to drive the dogs wild.

Justin, This is a job for the pipes. Bright and early in the morning - maybe a rendition of Caber Feidh before a tuneup. Lots of pipers in DFW on google. If I were a little more mobile, I'd be proud to do the honours. BTW, great comeback line, Fini.

Everyone in my neighborhood hates these people (hate is a strong word). We all keep our houses up to date and clean, we all have lawn services to do it for us. These people are just lazy, trashy and annoying.

We do have a civic association. Grass has to be under 4" and consistantly like 2-3" I believe. Dogs must be on a leash and should not disturb others. You cannot have a recreational vehicle parked in your driveway or along the street for more than one night. If it is like visiting family you have like 3 days or so. We have guest parking here though. Our garage was built so that we could hold everything in it... they could fit just about all of their stuff in their garage but once again, they are too lazy.

About once a week they feel compelled to dig into the garden in their back yard against our fence line and cut our internet connection.

They hang these ceramic monkeys from their trees which really freak me out. They look like they are in swings.

Their kids never wear anything but bathing suits (that I have seen) even when they are walking around the neighborhood, barefooted.

They are awful neighbors.

So I bet you want to know what I did right? Nothing. I am waiting for a really good plan.

What if I found the radio station or the pattern their 10 songs play in, put my speakers 180 degrees out of phase and just cancel out their music? Is that really possible? Just so you guys can get the physics involved, their speakers will be about 22 feet from mine, but on the same level.

p.s., by nothing i mean I played various songs on my trumpet, over and over again. as loud and brassy as I could. in the jungle was on VERY high rotation 11.gif