My Neighbors are blasting music, dare I?

Hey, am I the only one who's detecting a bit of, I don't know, jealousy in Justin's words? There's an underlying desire to wear swimsuits all day, and frolic in the 4-1/2" grass. I'm no psychotherapist (or clergyman), but I see you coveting thy neighbor's ceramic monkeys. I say wait until dark, get into an all black suit, sneak over and secretly mow their lawn. Hands off the monkeys, though.

fini

P.S. Remember the monkey emoticons we had at the old forum? I miss them.

Hmm... luckily I live on a corner. 2.gif

Got a pellet gun? Aim right at the dust cap.... hehe Trumpet music has got to get to them- I still wonder if my neighbors hear me. I think I spend too much time on these forums as my trumpet playing is suffering a bit these days. I am not one to fight back, so I don't suggest lowering yourself to their level and blasting them out of their yard. Perhaps get a petition going. Or get an angry mob at their doorstep.

If all else fails and you need a center for your Heresy's for blasting purposes, I have a 15" woofer and horn tweeter (cinema level) that will play good and loud. The woofer is 12-ohm, and with about 2 watts, it was too loud for me to take in my room... 1.gif

----------------

On 7/5/2003 7:00:19 PM jt1stcav wrote:

Oh, and Tony, you said "...I like pipe organ music and would probably play Michael Murphy's cd of Back as played on the First Congregational Church in Los Angeles."

You probably typed the words in too fast to notice the spelling errors (I thought it was funny)...it's Michael Murray playing Bach, not Murphy playing Back...you got the church right, though, LOL! That church has two fine organs, an old Skinner and a much newer Fisk. Played together, they sound marvelous!

----------------

I was typing fast. I think I went back and corrected the Bach error but was wrong on the Murphy. It is Murray. Have to find that cd.

Tony B.

----------------

On 7/5/2003 8:11:08 PM MichaelShaffer wrote:

The best way to make noise? Open headers.. my neighbor used to own a stock car team and would use his driveway to work on it. That thing was so loud you could feel it sitting in OUR house. So I guess my suggestion is this, get some exhaust cut-outs for the Viper
9.gif
----------------

The guy who lives across the street races dirt bikes professionally (as in pays for a big house, cars, toys, etc. with the sport) and he will be home for 4-6 nights working 16 hours a day on the bikes, then be on the road for three months and then come back. Noisey now and then, but not being rude. Nice people.

Walk over be nice and see what stuff they have. Get your learning remote out and set the codes for there stuff. When they play it walk over to the fence and change all the settings. We used to do this when we were kids. It was so funny. I had one guy chaise me for three blocks once. I was playing with his equipment for like 20 minutes.

----------------

On 7/6/2003 8:37:49 AM easylistener wrote:

Walk over be nice and see what stuff they have. Get your learning remote out and set the codes for there stuff. When they play it walk over to the fence and change all the settings. We used to do this when we were kids. It was so funny. I had one guy chaise me for three blocks once. I was playing with him for like 20 minutes.

----------------

rofl.gif

Perhaps a polite request that they not blast their tunes ??

My wife and I went camping this weekend and the campground host came around and said that he had gotten complaints that we had driven around the campground in our motorhome at too high a speed while looking for a campsite.

I was shocked because I know for a fact that I had dropped my speed to something in the 5 mph. range on entering the campground. Rather than argue the point I simply apologised and made a point of keeping my foot totally off of the accelerator when using my tow vehicle in the campground. I ignored the fact that others DID blast around the campground while I was parked.

My point is that sometimes our perfectly reasonable behaviours are a problem to others but given the chance many of us will accomodate our neighbours.

Approach them with your concerns before calling in the Gendarmeree.

Justin,

If they persist,a nice Molotov will put them back where they belong...on the street.Imagine them jumping out the windows and looking like stunt pros.WOW

LOL

Make sure you have an M16 or at least an AK47(not accurate but efective at close range)to keep them inside the party zone.

Poison iv-y-y-y-y, poison iv-y-y-y-y

Late at night while you're sleepin' poison ivy comes a'creepin'

Arou-ou-ou-ou-ou-ound

Measles make you bumpy

And mumps'll make you lumpy

And chicken pox'll make you jump and twitch

A common cold'll fool ya

And whooping cough'll cool ya

But poison ivy, Lord'll make you itch!!

You're gonna need an ocean of calamine lotion

You'll be scratchin' like a hound

The minute you start to mess around

Poison iv-y-y-y-y, poison iv-y-y-y-y

Late at night while you're sleepin' poison ivy comes a'creepin'

Arou-ou-ou-ou-ou-ound

11.gif

Clu's little tease reminds me of why I like my neighbors so much (aside from the fact that they're quiet)...Our neighbor's girlfriend just moved in with him and his roommate, and she enjoys laying out beside their pool...topless! She isn't very modest, either. My brother came home for lunch the other day and parked the car in our driveway while she was walking towards their backyard to the pool. As he stepped out of his car, she turned around and waved at him and said hello...without her bikini top on! The gals were just hanging there as she waved to him...needless to say, he forgot all about eating.4.gif

They probably got the $$$$$$ from an auto accident or worker's comp settlement.

Anyway, I'd expect your neighborhood would have Home Owner's Association. File a complaint. I'm sure your trash-neighbors are violating some type of covenant. Ex: parking a boat in the driveway and not mowing their lawn.

I've plenty other "anonymous" harassment techniques, but would rather not list them here.

Justin,

Assuming you've at least attempted the friendly "Hey guys, can you tone it down just a bit?" approach and gotten nowhere, then I'd suggest:

1) Document, document, document. Get an SPL meter. What day, at what time, at what volume level, measured in your yard exactly where.

2) Does the association have any teeth - ability to fine, or something? If so, call a meeting.

3) Find out everything you can about the local zoning ordenances. Camp out on Google for a few hours and review the pertinent regulations for your county / municipality / state.

4) If they are in actual violation of anything you find in #3, then call the police. HAve the police come to your house first, and show them everything you've documented. Make copies for the police to take with them.

5) Talk to your family's attorney. Depending upon what you find out in #3, he can make some very threatening noises.

Do *NOT*, under *ANY CIRCUMSTANCES*, get into a "I can play mine louder than YOU can" feud. You will loose all credibility with the police ("Yes, Officer, I know we were a bit loud, but you should hear what that bratty kid next door sounds like!"), you will add to the annoyance your neighbors are already suffering, you will not accomplish anything except get them more firmly entrenched, and you might break something.

----------------

On 7/7/2003 9:58:19 AM Mike82 wrote:

They probably got the $$$$$$ from an auto accident or worker's comp settlement.

Anyway, I'd expect your neighborhood would have Home Owner's Association. File a complaint. I'm sure your trash-neighbors are violating some type of covenant. Ex: parking a boat in the driveway and not mowing their lawn.

I've plenty other "anonymous" harassment techniques, but would rather not list them here.

-------------------

The money would not come from Worker's comp. They do not pay out that much money anymore. Infact you only get 50k for a whole arm.