RF-7's On Their Way : Will They Compare to KLF-30's?

bchild311

I have only had my 1st pair of RF-7's for a little over a month, and my 2nd pair for about 1 week now. I personally think they sound terrific, but I'd be extremely interested to know what the "break in" period is, if such a thing exists. I realize it's a topic of much debate.

When I bought mine, the klipsch dealer said the break in time was about 400 hours, at slightly moderate levels - Don't know if this is true or not, just what he said. Seems like a long time, I'm no where near that now, probably at 200 hours. They do sound better, midrange in particular. I use a Grant Lee Buffalo CD, which is a superb recording with accoustic, electric, good base, and good rock music as a reference.

I have had my 7's for about 8-9 months. I feel they are now more "open" than when I purchased them. I replased my KLF-20 at the mains spot with these. At first I didn't like the 7's compared to my 20's. Now it seems like the 20's are "lacking & thin" compared (and the 20's are great).

BTW....GREAT PRICE....I got mine for $1,650 a pair and my 20's for $800 a pair, all new.