Talked with the assistant manager of Good Guys today...

kenratboy

...he told me about the discounts they get.

-They get everything at cost. Klipsch is around 50% off, so RF3II's/RF-35's are ~$500 a pair. TV's, especially big screens can be as much as 60% off!

-Car stereo is anywhere from 50-75% off. A $800 head unit will go for about $300.

-LOTS of factory deals, you know, special offers.

-The store won a Monster Cable selling contest and for a month, all Monster Cable was being sold for 80% off retail price!

I want to work there.

I forget where I heard this from, but somebody told me that to prevent people from getting hired, buying everything at employee prices, and then quitting, not only are the limited in the amount of purchases they can make each month, but I think their discounts only apply after something like 3-6 months of employment.

He said people would work 7 months, buy $50,000 worth of stuff (thats $100,000 retail price) and then quit.

Hell, if I could get a job, I would do the same.

There is no limit on what you buy as long as you follow the rules about who gets it. I bet a lot of the stuff ends up on eBay. I asked him about the Monster Cable and he said people were spending thousands on it (so, like $10,000 retail) and people were redoing their entire systems. Also, that included those line conditions for $700, those were $150 6.gif

In the prefect world, you would be district manager of Good Guys (but with sales where they are, who knows), get the discount, but have money to buy the $12,000 Proceed preamp/amp rig 9.gif

"In the prefect world, you would be district manager of Good Guys (but with sales where they are, who knows), get the discount, but have money to buy the $12,000 Proceed preamp/amp rig."

Another view of the perfect world would be that you are completely financially independent, not have to work for anyone, and wouldn't care about a discount on this stuff! LOL

DD