Best way to wire the RP 5 Reference Speaker

stvans

What is the best way to wire / hook up the RP 5 Reference Speaker.

1. Subwoofer out on my Harmon Kardon AVR 520 to LFE In on one the RP 5 speakers, then using the LFE Out on this speaker run a subwoofer cable to the LFE In on the other RP 5.

or

2. Subwoofer out on my Harmon Kardon AVR 520 to Line In on one the RP 5 speakers, then using the Line Out on this speaker run a subwoofer cable to the Line In on the other RP 5.

or

3. Other - please let me know.!!

How should the Line Level and Bass Contour controls be set?

I have read here there the crossover of 90hz diminishes the performance of the RP 5. Is there any way of correcting this?

In a nut shell I am looking for the best way to wire up these speakers.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

I looked into getting RP-5s, very nice speaks. Personally heres how I would wire them: Purchase an RCA splitter to hook up to the Subwoofer out on your reciever, then just run 1 cable to each RP-5. I can't tell you to much about line level or base contour controls (I got out of the reciever market with little intention to return). Good luck with your RP-5s, they are great speakers and I hope they serve you well.

• 9 years later...

My wiring now - sub output split from receiver to rp5 LFE's. speaker wire to high input without gold straps attached. I have trouble with the subs not kicking on in auto mode unless the volume is high. I also get humming when the receiver is shut off. The rp3's are speaker wire only and the gold straps are in place. I don't have trouble with them. So, is it better to just use speaker wire and bridge with the gold straps? Or use the sub output on the receiver? Also, I have an extra pair of rp5's in great shape. what should I ask for those?