A Klipsch kit classic on eBay

Yike !!

That Shorthorn went for U$5.00 ! If the buyer has a pair of khorns he could easily turn that puppy into a superb centre channel.

I can't help feeling a little sorry for the seller in this case but I guess the lesson here is that if a seller defines their pool of potential customers too narrowly there exists the possibility of getting burned and badly so. It would be interesting to see if the seller actually goes through with the sale.

Edit: I just checked the buyers history and he has recently purchased a pair of Lascala's. That shorty will fit right in !

If the cabinet isn't empty, it's definately a score at $5. I have '59 Klipsch S.WO-15 Shorthorns and like them a lot. They are great companions to La Scalas and Khorns, and would be better if I could get all 6 into one room!

If the new owner frequents this forum and performs a search under "shorthorn help", they will find the dimensions for the face frame (missing), and how it gets installed.

Chris

Hi Guys,

I am familiar with this cabinet. I had won the cabinet and the K-1000 horn from this seller late last year, with the understanding that I would pick up cabinet on my next trip to Houston. Well, do to many circumstances I never made that trip, so I have the horn and driver and told him to resell the case, as I was unsure when I could retrieve it. So, it is a cabinet only. The seller is a very honest and very understanding person and is probably glad that someone can use it, rather than just pitching it out.

I have a pair of 1959 Shorthorns that several forum members helped me complete last fall. I have pictures of the finished product if anyone is interested. I bought these speakers from someone who never finished the kit, as a matter of fact the Walnut tops and speaker grills were still in the original packaging.

If anyone needs dimensions, I know they are listed on the Forum, or I can find mine.

John

Hi,

I apologize for the poor picture quality, but my camera doesn't take very clear pictures inside. Anyway, the cabinets are all original except the front frame. They had been assembled with full range drivers and the top horn cutouts covered. The previous owner had stopped construction after the base cabinet was complete. I purchased vintage crossovers, horns, and drivers from eBay and a forum member (Thanks).

I use these for surround speakers that compliment my Walnut '79 K-Horns and Walnut '74 vertical horn Cornwall center channel. These speakers sound quite good.

JR

post-3722-13819248370718_thumb.jpg