Heaty subwoofer

ma43q

i have a friend who switch on his promedia for few hours.

at the beginning, the sound quality was good.. but it started to deteriorate after few hours and the cracking and distorted sound started to appear.

and we noticed the very hot subwoofer back panel. and my friend have to put fan at back.

but the sound quality was really good at the beginning.

so we suspected that the deterioration was because of the heat.

and if this is happening, we will be very dissapointed at klipsch for overlooking this important matter.

and my friend has two set of promedia 4.1 and both woofers went very hot and after that the sound started to get worse even when the subwoofer level is very low .

i need reply quick....

I got my promedia 4.1's yesterday, i just finished the 20 hours of pink noise, now im gonna take it easy on them for about 2 weeks. Cant wait till i can crank em. My sub is warm, but thats all. They have been running for 20+ hours non stop and the sub is definatly not hot, just warm. They sound really good, not quite what i expected, but still very good. The sub seems more slow and loud than powerful and punchy. I dont know if im explaining this well. Almost seems kinda weak. Should it sound really defined? I can only hear deep base all the time. No perticular sounds. I dont think it sounds blown, some songs song like they have a lot of base ,just not as much bunch as i thought, but still very very good! Im not a speaker buff so i didn't really know what to expect

This message has been edited by Quistes on 05-13-2001 at 03:41 PM

I have the Creative Platinum 5.1 bunch up with the v.2 400. The two together kick a$$. Sound coming from my v.2 400 are clear and loud. Midrange could be better though but for $250 the v.2 has one of the highest if not the the best quality/value ratio. Quistes, what kind of sound card do you have? Not too long ago, I used the Monster MX400 sound card with my v.2 400. At the time this combination sound pretty good. But now with the Creative Platinum 5.1, its music for the GODS. My 4.1 are coming in tomorrow and when I get the honor to hook them all up together; it will be music heaven.

quote:

The sub seems more slow and loud than powerful and punchy. I dont know if im explaining this well. Almost seems kinda weak.

Try placeing it somewhere else, best thing to do is:

- place your sub where you normaly sit with the port facing towards a corner or a wall.

- crawl around your room and find where the bass sounds strongest, punchiest , clearest , also deepest.

-unplug the sub or move it to it sounded best to you.

I find this is the easiest way to get GOOD results. You would be really suprized at how much of a difference it makes to tilt the sub X degrees in any direction, or move it a foot left, or back etc... Generally it will sound best when it is closest to a wall or corner on the floor.

Good luck and happy listening.

------------------

Download the latest ver. of Klipsch 3d Animation:

http://blake.prohosting.com/~swerv/subwoofer4.avi

i guessed that the warm sub is normal.. but we are experiencing sound quality deterioration and worse still the set is placed in an air-conditioned room..

perhaps overheating is not the answer

i have my own set placeed in a non air-conditioned room and i ran it for 2-3 hours.. so far i have not get what my friend got with his sub.

i did experience warm rear panel . quite warm but not to the extend of hot.

anyway.. i need some feedback from KLIPSCH techical support people.. anybody can help me on that??

thanks