Unbelievable

JoshT

I just used the Dealer Locator to see where on can buy either Reference Series Klipsch or Heritage Series Klipsch in the Boston area.

Answer -- Nowhere.

The closest Reference dealer is 34 miles away in Worcester.

The closest Heritage dealer is over 200 miles away.

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Luckily I was doing this for curiousity sake, since I am happy with my Legend system and have a couple of used Heresy IIs as well.

But what if I had been a potential customer.

What a joke!

Man Josh, time to up those dosages a little.:)

I would hardly consider 34 miles away as "not in the area".

I would think that any dealer that sells Reference, also sells Heritage. It might be that 200 miles away is how far you have to go to actually demo a pair in the store.

Hey Dean and Justin,

It's been awhile since I've visited here.

Worcester isn't that far away, Dean, but us Bostonians are used to being treated a little better than that, and we don't LIKE Worcester very much! Actually, my grandparents are all from Worcester, but there is no quick and easy way to get "theyah from heeyah."

What was Klipsch thinking when they made this brilliant decision? There is a tweeter in Newton, and several in Boston. It used to be so easy. Klipsch has simply hosed itself this time. How stupid to completely remove your best product from such a large metropolitan area.

I don't know about the Heritage question, Justin. I haven't seen Heritage speakers demoed anywhere since the late 1980s.

Again, I wouldn't replace my KLF 20s, C-7 and S-6s with Reference speakers anyway, and I'm not quite adventuresome enough to go all Heritage right now. My system sounds AWESOME (Sony S7700 DVD/CD, Rotel RSP 1066 processer, NAD 533 with Grado Blue, Creek phonopreamp, 100 x 5 wpc Rotel power amp, and Paradigm Servo 15 subwoofer to fill out the bottom end). But what if I wanted to go to a neighborhood hifi store on a nice sunny Saturday afternoon (instead of being stuck at work in my office) to buy a set of RF-7s?????

Hey, maybe I'm pissed off because I'm at work right now? 14.gif

Ciao guys,

Josh

Yikes...I guess I can't complain. My nearest Heritage dealer is 80 miles east of me in Melbourne (south of Daytona), and the nearest Reference dealer is 50 miles west in St. Petersburg. Still a good deal of driving, but it's no 250 miles...that sucks!

Josh,

I live about 5 minutes from Percy's. They are an all in one appliance store. Their mainstain is high end kitchens but have some nice audio/video toys.

The problem is they have the RF7 and RF35 hooked up to two differnet sources. This took away from directly comparing the 2 speakers. The salesman did disconnect and reconfigure the small room so I was able to compare the RF7, RF25, 25 and 15,

The room is cramped. Attached is a layout of the 10x10 room.

i find it hard to believe myself pulling out of tweeter Northeast was a good business decision. If I was shopping for a system today Klipsch would not be oin my short list.

post-10281-13819248464184_thumb.jpg

bruinsrme,

Don't know how long you've lived in Worcester but did you ever happen to stop in to O'Coins just down the street ?

Years ago they had a small listening room chockfull of high end Audio.It was probably about 15 to 20 years ago if memory serves me correctly.I remember thinking it was odd because they really didn't advertise it.

Now-a-days they do't sell anything like that.Still,a decent store as I have bought several item from them (couch,loveseat,and most recently an Air Conditioner) and they are actually cheaper than Percys on most item-too bad they don't sell the Klipsch line9.gif

Jeff

----------------

On 7/19/2003 6:33:48 PM j-malotky wrote:

I just did a dealer search and there my closest Heritage Dealer is in Indana. 252 miles.

Surprised there is not one in Chicago??? That is VERY ODD.

Maybe I should become one.

JM

----------------

I am looking into a new line of work.

----------------

On 7/20/2003 9:06:27 PM MichaelShaffer wrote:

There's a place in Falls Church, I think it's called Sound Advice. Look in the dealer locator on the main page..

----------------

Thanks. I've heard there is one in the Annandale, VA area also but since I'm kinda in the used heritage market these days I don't think I'll be making those 1-2 hour drives anytime soon. Tomorrow night I drive 3 minutes to look at some cornwalls from audiogon. Just looking though......maybe.2.gif

229 Miles for me and its Audio Classics in Vestal, NY talk about the most expensive place to purchase anything - Yikes! Seems like they charge full retail on everything so I suppose it's eBay, AudioGon, and Audioweb and local listings for me. We don't have a Tweeter, Inc. nearby so I am certainly not distraught over that. We have a Best Buy I did saunter in and view the Synergy set up in their, full retail prices as well and not a sole in sight as I milled around for awhile. Not that I wanted to purchase anything, I wanted to test the Klipsch knowledge base and was not even challenged - no one showed up.

I visited my new dealer last Saturday since Tweeter/HiFi Buys no longer carries Klipsch. I really had no idea what to expect of it, but I was really disappointed when I first went in. They had one listening room, about 20' x 15', absolutely FULL of speakers, I'm talking packed. Had the bookshelves on top of the towers, center channels stacked on top of center channels. Even though it was tiny, the employees there-I think there are two, the owners1.gif-treated me with a lot more respect than I ever got at Tweeter. They took the RB-35's out of the box and hooked them up without saying a word or batting an eye and promptly left me alone with my own demo material. College students like me usually don't get much respect. Nevertheless, their selection of electronics was disappointing to say the least. A couple of old HK's, one or two old Denon's, quite a bit of Sony ES, and a couple of Integras. Only Sony separates though. 15.gif

Guest Webmaster

FYI - The Heritage option on the dealer locator only brings back dealers that have Heritage product in the store to demonstrate. However, any Reference dealer can order Heritage speakers.