Problems

balki29

I DJ with 2 sets of Pro Media 4.1's and this weekend at a gig 3 of my speakers were knocked to the ground from about 3 feet and no longer work anymore. There is nothing rattling inside I opened them up and there are no visble wires loose or disconnected. However, there is a bit of a burnt smell to them. Kind of like the got too hot and when they were knocked to the ground it FRIED them or something. If anyone has any suggestions or has had this problem let me know . I want to return them but not sure if they are covered in warranty. Thanx.

• 1 month later...

Gee, this went unanswered for a while.

There is a Pro Media section of the bbs where this might be addressed by those in the know.

You should also call the folks in Hope.

My impression is that the Pro-Media were not designed for DJ type settings. This is an understatement. My guess is that they were very warm and the shock of the fall was the last straw.

Gil

I know that these speakers werent designed for Djing but I wasnt doing like large areas or anything just little personal gigs (small bars and a grad party in a garage) but think I might have a bad output jack on the sub since I lost those 3 speakers I have blown 2 more I am going to have a local klipsch dealer take a look at them and see if they are repairable or if there is a fault in them I can claim it on warranty. How do I get ahould of this "hope" you were talking about?

If the speakers smelled 'burnt' they were burnt. ProMeida product is designed for single listener, near field listening. They are definitely NOT intended for any type of DJ work whatsoever. That burnt smell indicates they were not operated properly. When speakers are overdriven, they will overheat and sooner or later will fail. This type of failure is not covered in the terms of our warranty.

Please contact Amy in our Customer Service department and we will try to assist. Go to the ProMedia section of this bulletin board and click on Tech2 to send a message.