4.1's in australia

Hi.. i've been trying to get speakers from overseas and whereever i can because there so damb expensive here (australia). I've mainly been trying to look 4 the klipsch speakers cause they sound pritty good. I've tryed online shopping places eg. outpost.com and places like that but apparently they don't send the klipsch speakers overseas because klipsch don't want em too.. Unless i know someone from overseas i'm pritty much stuck .. unless i wana pay 1000 bucks (500 american) for the 4.1 system in australia. Does anyone else have any sujestions?

thanks

cya

Hey body ,

I know what you mean I live in lebanon where there isn't a klipsch representative .

Anyway I bought them directly from the klipsch site and used a step down transformer(220-110) and they are rocking!

I think you should do the same!

Cheers!

------------------

AL-FAWWAZ

Well cd you live in austrlia ,I in lebanon so the shi-pping may differ but expect to pay about 5-8$ on a kg. for next day shipping,and to mention customs ,here we have no customs on computer acc. not sure how it works in austrlia.

As for the transformer it cost me 10$ and is rated at 1000-VA it doesn't even get worm :D all you need is a 500-VA for the promeida,I found that the 1000-VA for only 10$ so what the hell more is better :D

Good Luck!

------------------

AL-FAWWAZ

I'd just like to start of saying

OMFG this site is pathetically SLOW!

I live in australia, I have sent email after email after email after email to Klipsch

Why won't they ship to Oz?

Why?

why why why why?

It is soooo stoopid, I have just about given up trying. They never reply to emails, and the techie's don't do anything to help either!

I don't have any friends in america so I can't get them, our supplier, Intersound, only sells 2.1 for exorbinent amounts of monies!

The cost of the 2.1's here are more than the 4.1's!

Go figure!

even though intersound are just about as useless for info as klipsch, send em an email!

intasond@werple.net.au

Now do you think they could have atleast put the email on thier website so we didn't have to call long distance in the middle of the day to Vic?

Dumbasses!

UGHHH

/end rant

see more whinging in '4.1's in Israel!'

------------------

Moo...

This message has been edited by safarji on 05-16-2001 at 03:33 AM

yeah i know.. it's so frustrating. 2.1's cost 300 american which is just stupid.. I think australia has serious problems technology wise.. i know a few ppl overseas in america but if they send it over i'm not even sure if the thing will work because of the different power systems.. so i don't know

• Moderators

We do not ship directly to overseas consumers because of the enormous cost associated with shipping/customs/duties, not to mention any warranty issues.

If you need help locating a local distributor, please send me an email.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

ok, well...

How long have the 4.1's been out for (v2 400's)???

Surely you would have recognized that they are an extremely popular speaker set for home computing? I mean, thier ain't much competition.

Creative are too expensive for thier products limited capabilities.

Altec Lansing are good but could have nicier speakers, same goes for Yamaha.

And the only one that I would rate as coming close to the Klipsch Promedia series are Videologic's speaker range.

You are a company not based purely on computer speakers, you also sell professional audio components and very lavish home entertainment sets.

Your company is not very well know over in other countries like mine (Australia) because you don't want to have any thing to do with them.

your getting Slaughtered by companys like B&W who have even a slight bit of interest in the overseas market, and your falling behind.

Thats my opinion, if they can afford shipping costs, why can't you, and if you can't why won't you find out?

Companys not even half the size of Klipsch ship from USA to australia, no hassles, it is quite ridiculous on your behalf!

AND COULD YOU PLEASE GET KLIPSCH TO ANSWER EMAILS FOR ONCE IN THIER ENTIRE LIVES. WHY HAVE CONTACT DETAILS?

PHwee! Smile.gif Happy now Wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by ProMedia Tech 2:

We do not ship directly to overseas consumers because of the enormous cost associated with shipping/customs/duties, not to mention any warranty issues.

If you need help locating a local distributor, please send me an email.

------------------

Moo...

Ohh and btw, I have a suppliers address and ph number for Australia! I have asked them and they say that Klipsch has not yet released the 4.1's in Australia?

Thats why we cannot get them, thats why myself and CD are complaining!

The people are called:

Intersound

I do not want to buy from Kliipsch directly, but it would be nice if I could buy from somewhere like bestbuy.com, but of course they won't ship them to me, because Klipsch do not allow it. I would be happy buying from my supplier of course, but as I mentioned before, the 4.1's for some stupid reason, can't be sold to foreign aliens, like me and cd! Why? Thats a question for you to answer!

------------------

Moo...

I won't say it again , get a forwarding address in the U.S , buy from any site in the U.S with a credit card and thats it.

I live in leb. and there isn't a dealer anywhere in the whole middleeast (mainly)

You can do whatever you want if you put your mind to it!!!

------------------

AL-FAWWAZ

what do u mean by a fowarding address anyway..??

but that isn't the point .. even if theres a way to get it over to australia . what about the warantee?? If the speakers are screwed. which is pritty common by the sounds of it, then i've just lossed about 600 bucks or if i can get it back to america within the warantee date then i'll still have to pay 4 the shipping

also we have 240volt power here.. not 110 or whatever it is in america.. so that means that the transformer has to be changed which voids the warntee instantly.. it's pritty annoying!

i might just go and buy some 2 dollar kmart speakers .. they might offer some support

• Moderators

The 4.1s will be available in Australia soon. Just purchase them from a local dealer at that time.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

will the price of the 4.1's come down to a resonable price in australia. eg 650 australian within the next few months?? I'm tossing up between waiting 4 the klipsch prices to go down or buy some other speakers.. i'm thinking the boston acoustics 4800's

This is the letter I got from Intersound, the price on the 4.1's will be heaps, as you will read the crappy 2.1's are so highly priced, I wouldn't think twice about buying something else!

Ray,

I thought Klipsch could have told you ProMedia v2.400 is not yet available in Oz - we have the v2.1 and it's a hit! Sells for $699.00 - 2 x powered satellites and a sub.

The Quintet is in a different category altogether. It is a serious miniature Home theatre system - requires a sub - the package sells for around $2,000.00.

If you are in the area and wish to audition the 2.1 please drop in, I have a set on demonstration.

Regards

Rick Casey

System Consultant

------------------

Moo...

Does anyone actually know whether the 2.1 OR the 4.1 are in Australia?

On the 3DSoundsurge BB, RandomPerson posted

"There's a place in Western Australia selling the Klipsch promedia 2.1's for $589, and the 4.1's for $799. " on the 04-11-2001.

Then we hear reports that the 4.1 aren't yet in Australia and that they would be selling for around $1000.

What is the RRP of the 2.1 and the 4.1?

What is the street price of the 2.1 and the 4.1?

Does anyone in Australia own a set of v2-400s, 4.1s or 2.1s?

Has anyone actually directly contacted Greater Union Entertainment in Melbourne, the Australian Klipsch distributor responsible for importing the Promedias?

Has anyone considered other alternatives like the Altec Lansing ACS56 (A$288), Logitech Xtrusio DSR-100 (A$337), CSW FPS2000 (A$354), Boston BA4800 ($A465) or the Videologic Crossfires (A$1000)?