4.1's in australia

Although I taught each one how to get these speakers from the U.S no one seems to get it!

AH well for a 1000US dollars ,or lets say for 800$ ,I'll get them for u ship them for you and still make enough in comissions .

Damn Ripoff dealers!!

They are not worth 1000$, 900$ .

you buy them for that much you are a Suckers>

they are good ,very good for the price klipsch offers them !!!

:D

and yeah

quote:

also we have 240volt power here.. not 110 or whatever it is in america.. so that means that the transformer has to be changed which voids the warntee instantly.. it's pritty

ya habibi you use a transfomer which is a step up magentic coil You don't touch anything in the klipsch. It is an external machine(like the UPS back up power supply)!!!

------------------

AL-FAWWAZ

quote:

Originally posted by fawwaz:

Although I taught each one how to get these speakers from the U.S no one seems to get it!

AH well for a 1000US dollars ,or lets say for 800$ ,I'll get them for u ship them for you and still make enough in comissions .

Damn Ripoff dealers!!

Its A$1000, which is around US$480 at current exchange rates. At US$1000, you'd have to be really stupid to buy them.

About your transformer, where did you get it from and is it branded? I haven't seen such a cheap step-down transformers before.

ok 480$ is quite much but still reasonable!

about the transformer, don't worry I guess you can get from any electrical shop which sells accesories(harware)like lamps,electric machine and stuff. It is around 4- 5 kg ,Transformers don't have to have a brand to be good(unlike audio and computer equipment. As long as they give u 110v at the other terminal and don't get hot there perfect .I'll say you'll find them for a max of 30US $ any way you don't have to get a 1000VA like me (more ratting is beter) mine barely barely gets warm not hot!! so 500-600VA will do fine !!

Good Luck to you!!

------------------

AL-FAWWAZ

480 dollars american isn't reasonable when their 270 in america.. also as i was saying b4 theres way too many problems i've heard with the 4.1's that i would want to risk not having a warantee on them..

klipsh 4.1's or

BA4800's and a 40gig harddrive

i can't decide

OK, here's the official word from the Australian Klipsch distributor in Melbourne.

-------------------

The Promedia 2.1 ARE in Australia and can be ordered from your local Klipsch retailer. The RRP is A$699

The Promedia 4.1 ARE NOT in Australia and won't be here until late September. The RRP will be A$999

They will only honour the warranty of Promedia units brought from them (or their retailers) in Australia. Any units bought overseas will NOT be covered by them, even the 240V version from Singapore.

-------------------

Note that the prices above are the full retail prices and depending on the retailer, the purchase price will be around 10% lower.

I've also contacted Syslink, the Australian Videologic distributor to verify their prices. All these products are now available.

Sirocco Spirit 2.0 - A$675

Sirocco 2.1 - A$1055

Crossfires 4.1 - A$1055

DigiTheatre 5.1 LC - A$495

DigiTheatre 5.1 w/ DD decoder - A$995

DigiTheatre 5.1 DTS w/ DD/DTS decoder - A$1595

Also these prices are full retail prices. You should be able to get them for less...

Interesting huh... the Crossfires will cost A$55 more than the Klipsch 4.1

Hmmm - I called the dealer in melbourne and they said the set won't be around till September. The price is around $799 or close depending on what sort of currency rate US and AU$ is at.

I think paying 1K for the 4.1, although they are GOOD speaker, I don't think I will for that sort of money. I am surprise that Klipsh are not considering their fan in Australia.

DoomsDay

dang!

Another Aussie fan here, looking to get a set. The only way seems to be to go the 4.2 route (2 2.1 sets) but that's what, about $1200?!?!?

You're kidding. When the Klipsch site has them for US$299 (currently on sale), that's a max of AUD$600, say about AUD$700 including delivery. Where the hell is that margin going?

If Altecs, Bose, and even the Klipsch cinema stuff etc can get sent into Australia, why not the Promedia?

The reason I want Klipsch is their quality and insane power compared to other sets. Those reviews are amazing, but I can tell you people at Klipsch that you are definitely losing customers unless you find a way to serve the Australian market!

It's ridiculous business ethics to ignore a potentially lucrative market just because the initial outlay is expensive. The scarcity of dealers and owners of Klipsch in Australia just makes you look ridiculous - unless you lose some money in the initial outlay to promote and expand into Australia! Good promotion will ensure that there is demand. Klipsch speakers can kick the PC stuff that's on the Australian market now, IF you can market it correctly. You won't do that with excuses that the intial delivery cost is too much, because then there's no point in moving any units in the Australian market. Don't just touch the water, jump in! Be prepared for an initial loss until the units start selling, then it becomes profitable and worthwhile.

I am glad I am not the only one in Australia that is furious with what's going on with the Klipsch speakers. I have called around and this is the latest news I have as of the 29/May - Greater Union Enter. and Intersound Intern. are selling the speakers for $1000. (Considering the AU$ value of the 4.1 is AU$600 AFTER currency conversion) - there's a mark up of $400, which incidentally, if you order from the States, you can get yourself another set of 2.1.

I have called around W.A and the only place that seem to get them is Computer Cash and Carry - selling them for AU$910. Of cause when I called 1 months ago, they were selling it for $799 and when I asked to put a deposit, they told me to hold off cause word out is that the price will drop. Now their reason for the price increase is that Klipsch has increase the price on the 4.1 - which is NOT true. And an increase of hardware price, especially in the space of a month, is pretty much unheard of, unless there's a HUGE shortage.

Outpost will deliever the speakers + postage for around AU$700 BUT, you will need to purchase a voltage converter and also there the issue of the warranty which I am still waiting reply on (only ask them today). Micrpro will also deliever out to Australia but you need to purchase money / bank order and pay for your own postage to them if you are claiming warranty.

I am NOT knocking Klipsch but hearing of the problems people have with the sub. and speakers, I am not willing to pay 1K for a set that I will not be getting warranty on. Actually, I am NOT willing to pay 1K for a set of 4.1.! I am sad that after year of waiting for Klipsch, I will be force to purchase other speakers cause of the way the dealers are acting towards Klipsch fans and the little notice toward Australian fan that Klipsch are paying attention to.

Probably, if anything is done and if the price drops, it will be a bit too late for some of us.

For those who are interested, I am strongly considering Altec Lansing ADA890. 4.1, THX and Dolby Digital, headphone adaptor within the speakers PLUS remote control. (not as powerful as Klipsch but I don't think ANYONE would have a chance to use the full power of either Klipsch or Altec anyway). RRP - $600.

** Maybe, if there's enough Western Australians who are looking to purchase Klipsch, we could get together with a petition or something and talk to Klipsch and dealers in AUST, bulk purchase and be able to purchase the speaker for $650 - $700. IF Klipsch will help us talk to their dealers and convince them to lower their price. For those who are interested, please Email me at : mechhunter@rocketmail.com

DoomsDay

lol

HA HA HAs>

You guys keep bitching about this thing it makes me laugh!!!!!!!!!!

I already told you what the hell to ,and for the risk and warrenty nonsence.SHIP the damn thing insured!!!

If it arrives with any defict the shipping company will return it to the USA (forward address) where they can get a replacement!!

If you don't like the hassle and a bit of risk, then hell pay the extra cash and be happy about it(this is to all of you) You have to plan a little bit for good things in life :DSmile.gif

Look at me for example I live in Lebanon ,not even a klipsch dealer , no proper shipping companies ,rip off people(third world) and managed to get these babies for a 363$ (U.S)

So Do AS I already told u , I don't feel like typing it again , check for urself :D :I-

------------------

AL-FAWWAZ

quote:

Originally posted by tsengan:

dang!

It's ridiculous business ethics to ignore a potentially lucrative market just because the initial outlay is expensive. The scarcity of dealers and owners of Klipsch in Australia just makes you look ridiculous

B]

AMEN

Thats what I said before (in my own words) but promedia's aren't thier only downfall. Klipsch speakers in general aren't interested in the Australian market for some bizzare reason!

If you ask me they are just a bunch of lazy sod off's!

------------------

Moo...

quote:

Originally posted by fawwaz:

lol

HA HA HA
s>

You guys keep bitching about this thing it makes me laugh!!!!!!!!!!

I already told you what the hell to ,and for the risk and warrenty nonsence.SHIP the damn thing insured!!!

If it arrives with any defict the shipping company will return it to the USA (forward address) where they can get a replacement!!

If you don't like the hassle and a bit of risk, then hell pay the extra cash and be happy about it(this is to all of you) You have to plan a little bit for good things in life
:DSmile.gif

Look at me for example I live in Lebanon ,not even a klipsch dealer , no proper shipping companies ,rip off people(third world) and managed to get these babies for a 363$ (U.S)

So Do AS I already told u , I don't feel like typing it again , check for urself
:I-

But don't you hate it when things go wrong and you have to wait 2-3months for things to rectify themselves!

I think I speak for most Aussie's here. If it was full proof and cheaper I would get them from america.

BUT... I think it would be more worthwhile waiting till september. As long as the price doesn't go up they will be considered seriously by me, I will be buying a car at the end of July so I dunno how much money I have!

$1000 for em is a bit excessive!

Can't wait to get my 4.2ltr V8 Commodore! w00t

------------------

Moo...

quote:

Originally posted by safarji:

AMEN

Thats what I said before (in my own words) but promedia's aren't thier only downfall. Klipsch speakers in general aren't interested in the Australian market for some bizzare reason!

If you ask me they are just a bunch of lazy sod off's!

I agree. They must be either really bad at business or just plain selfish for ignoring the overseas markets. How about hooking up with Compaq or someone like that and having them distribute the PM's overseas? You've done it in the U.S. before so why not overseas? Let them handle warranties and distribution. I mean they're almost in ever country in the world so they have the locations, all you need is a deal and the product for a non- outragious price. I'm willing to pay 1/3 extra (in U.S. dollars) for any of the Promedia's (especially the 5.1's) as I payed about that much more for the my Grado SR-60 headphones earlier this year, but they have to come with the warrenties.

I am also interested in buying Klipsch 4.1 speakers. You would wonder that with their high acclaim in the States, that they would want to distribute their wares en masse in Australia (succesfully mind you). Every bbs seems to recommend these speakers in the US.

I think that local distributors are comparing these speakers to the other "popular" brands (ie Cambridge et al) and setting the prices accordingly. Whereas, in the US, Klipsch speakers are good value (they are powerful yet affordable). These distributors are monopolizing these speakers.

Btw, I was trying to find an online distributor from Singapore and I don't seem to find any. Any help would be appreciated.

• Moderators

In Singapore:

Tat Chuan Audio PTE. Ltd.

Blk 213 Henderson Rd.

Hex03-08 Henderson Industrial Park

Singapore 159553

65-2733818

tcaudio@singnet.com.sg

Allan Tan

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support