RC-25 matchings??

jivin757

Hello

I have a question about the RC-25. I am wanting to buy a center channel for my house and I am wondering which will be a better match with my RF-3IIs, the RC-25 or the RC-35? I am currently running RF-3IIs, RS-3IIs, the quintet center channel speaker, with a KSW-12 runned by the Yamaha RX-V1300. And if i do get the RC-25 would it be voiced matched with the RF-3II. The only reason i am asking is because i am leaning more towards the RC-25 because of the price, but i would like to hear other peoples opinions also. The other reason i am asking is because I live out of country and there is no where for me to actually hear these speakers.

the rc-35 would be a better match. considering the center channel takes most of the load when watching movies - it is always better to give yourself some headroom by purchasing some more capable center speaker. the rc-25 would get the job done - dont think it wont, but the rc-35 would get the job done better.

also, dont worry too much about matching timbre - they are all current reference models, they should match very well with each other. that is unless you go all out and get an rc-7, then we have a little problem with the center beginning to overpower the rest of your system.

seeing that you live outside the country, i think it would be wise to bite the bullet and go for the rc-35, you wont have any regrets in doing so.

Honestly, I would try and find an RC-3II. If you cannot locate one of these (as they are now discontinued), get the RC-35. Center channel is not one to skimp on.

It will probably sound great with yoru system, but the RC-3II will be a better match. When I was getting my center a few weeks ago, I demoed both. They both sound excellent, but a little different. I thought the RC-3II was a little (for lack of a better word) brighter (and not in a bad way) than the RC-35. I don't know how the RC-35 mixes with the RF-3II's, but the RC-3II blends great.

agree to above posts- for HT, get the biggest, baddest centre speaker you can afford! You can always turn it down using your receiver's balance control. What you need is the full bandwidth (LOW end) and imaging that a dedicated engineered center channel box gives you. Therefore RC35 or RC7 would be my choice!

That is why i can't see the number of heritage purists who use cornwalls, heresies, or LaScalla's for center channel speakers based on the timbre matching principle. I think that arguement is minor compared to bandwidth and imaging which are both highly critical for HT centre channel IMHO. (no, I'm not trying to 'flame' you guys, and no I havent tried heritage in my system, YET! )