Klipsch rf-35

modestm

I'm very interested in buying these speakers but haven't heard many reviews on them.

Can anyone who has personal experience with the rf-35 speakers please comment/review on it here?

I can get these for $800 for a pair at a local authorize klipsch dealer... but they don't have any to audition.8.gif

BTW - it'll be running on a Denon-1082(7x110w) reciever.

Any help would be appreciated ^^.. thanks

If you are on the West Coast, Good Guys have them for auditioning.

They are very nice. I have listened to both the RF-15s, and the RF-35s. A little deeper sound then the RF-15s I have, but thats expected from 8 in woofers. I got the RF-15s myself since I like to run all the bass to the subwoofer and we wanted a floor speaker so its safer for my baby who is running into stuff all the time. I think the RF-35s are a very good speaker. You might want to consider using the RB-35 and a RSW-10 Sub. Its a little more money, but you can get the RSW10 for 645.99 and the RB-35 for 398.00 from the net.

James

Thanks for the input.

___

I wish they had some to demo but their store is so small and can only hold so many brands of speakers for auditioning. All they can really do is order it.

__

There's no Good Guys near me =\ (Chicago Area)

Most of my listening is going to be for Music (85/15 music/HT) so i don't want to be too dependent on the sub. Plus the fact that i live in an apartment doesn't help either -____________-;;

I purchased a pair of 35's last month to replace the Quintets that were the main L/R. I listened to the RF-5's, 35's and 25's. The 5's were not setup correctly for a fair comparison and they were out of my price range, so I mostly switched between the 25's and 35's. I could always tell which speaker was playing by the difference in sound. The difference between the two was 1)Sound stage the 35's had a much larger sound stage and the imaging was beautiful. and 2)the 25's had an un-natural mid bass spike to compensate for the smaller woofer to give the impression of more bass. The 35's have a very tight bass and crisp high which is typical of Klipsch horns. The two both sounded nice, but the 35's won hands down. So, depending on your budget you will have to make the final decision. BTW I got my 35's for $679 before tax the MSRP is $1000, so my local dealer took off 32%. Sweet deal! Also, there is a break-in period on these after about 4 weeks they were much more controled on the high end.

HTH

If you are in the S Chicago area, try The Little Guys on Halstead. Great dealer with ample display of Klipsch and other brands. Nice folks.

I have RF-35. I also made a semi-blind purchase.

I went and fell in love tthe RF3II where I listened to them in Sound Advice. I was still shopping atthe time where I found a store that deals in some really high end audio stuff in Miami. PLUG LOL Advanced Home Theater.

The genlteman there was very attentive and respectful and never talked down to me. He suggested to try the new series. He said he was buddies with one of the Klipsch guys and that he swore that the 35s are all that. Better bass response nicer all over. Anyways I have it now and WOW

They SOUND AWESOME!!!!! And you dont really need a sub with them either!! Try playing the scene in starwars episode II opening scene. It has to deep hard hits!!! Really sweet!

I highly recommend the RF35 and if anyone is looking for a place to get some nice gear Advanced Home Theater in Miami is your place.

What kind of Klipsch dealers is this!? Any half serious KLIPSCH dealer will have AT lest most of the R series in stock and on DEMO.

Radio St-Hubert in Montreal has pretty much ALL Klipsch R series from the smallest S series to the RF7 and RSW15 in stock...in the main DEMO room.And they have the complete Monitor Audio(from Bronze,new Silver series to Gold series!)and new Paradigm Studio also!

A great little place to find quality speakers and...amps/receivers(Sunfire,Integra,Carver,Pioneer Elite),also in stock.

I tell ya an audio store with no serious demo should start selling burgers or discount clothes

I was told that they just recently started carrying the klipsch reference line... which is a good reason why they didn't have rf-35 to demo, and in stock.

When i stopped by there today they had a pair of rf-25s up in a room (which wasn't there before). So i'm assuming more klipsch reference speakers will eventually be displayed as the weeks goes by.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG I'M SO TIRED OF WAITING!

It's been 3 weeks and the rf35s hasn't arrived yet. I just called... and now i'm told the new ETA will be a week from now.

Waiting for a month for speakers is torture 15.gif

Especially from an authorized dealer.

*chokes pillow*

*sigh*.. just felt like whining a little.

Anyways__

Any more comment/reviews about the rf35 is welcomed. I'm interested to hear more about its bass since there's so many mix reviews.

----------------

On 8/20/2003 2:31:45 PM modestm wrote:

OMG I'M SO TIRED OF WAITING!

It's been 3 weeks and the rf35s hasn't arrived yet. I just called... and now i'm told the new ETA will be a week from now.

Waiting for a month for speakers is torture
15.gif

Especially from an authorized dealer.

*chokes pillow*

*sigh*.. just felt like whining a little.

Anyways__

Any more comment/reviews about the rf35 is welcomed. I'm interested to hear more about its bass since there's so many mix reviews.

----------------

Greetings:

As people have knocked Best Buy, here's a Reference dealer.

At least for Public Relations one of the Moderators could drop an answer or a We'll look into it and also get ahold of that area's Rep.

I love Klipsch, but I keep hearing similar stories (except for the dealer Rowe in Rochester, NY)like this.

A comment from the Moderator would be a big help. Loking into it would be even better.

Win dodger

I bought a complete rf-25 system recently. They sound pretty good especially at that price point. The vinyl veneer is cheap though; it wants to peel off.

I needed the smaller center so that's why I went with the Rx-25s.

If you look at the specs, there's only 8 Hz difference between the rf25 and rf35. I have an LF-10 sub and set the bass cutoff in the receiver to 80 Hz. This worked quite well. The bass sounds great this way. I think with my old KLF-20 set to large and sub things were just muddied up a bit.

I would not use the rf-xx for two channel but for home theater I think it's a decent line. I have a 2-channel system with Forte's which sounds awesome.

I do listen to the rf-25 in two channel though when I'm downstairs and they're not bad especially for casual listening.

If size isn't a problem and you want to listen to 2-channel much I would get the rf-35s, otherwise the 25s will be fine (and with a smaller footprint!).

-David

Klipsch!! what's taking so long?

It's been a week since i last checked my order so i gave my dealer another call. Unfortunately... the speakers hasn't arrived yet. He went ahead and called klipsch to see what was going on with the shipment. When he called me back he explained that everything checks out with klipsch.. that it's in stock and ect. But klipsch told him, like the last 2 times i've called, "It will be near the end of next week"... AGAIN.

That's going over a month now =(.. what gives?

The dealer sympathized for me and gave me the option to cancel the order. He even offered some free services and even wires...

sigh.. we'll see

__

alright.. back to the main topic

If anyone has anymore comments/review about the rf-35... please post it here 1.gif . Your input is appreciated