What's the deal with Aragon anyways?

nicholtl

Although i don't own an Aragon Amp, I have seriouly considered getting an 8008 (darn ebay/Audiogon). But with the Klipsch speakers I really don't NEED the power of the 8008s. 3.gif

The one piece of Mondial Designs equipment I do own is an Acurus ACT-3. I wonder how many of these pre/pros were sold, since I keep running into people that have them. I do have to say, I LOVE IT, it sure kicks the pants off of my old Denon. The clarity of the ACT-3 (upgraded) is quite amazing, well worth the $$$$$! I wouldn't even think about going back to a reciever!

-Dave

I think most of the cost in ARAGON is like any good computer, it is in the processor and what it can do. The stage one is incredible, I have heard it several times.

If you want the fancy toys that separate the men from the boys...You gotta pay for it..or find it used. Look into this further, and I susspect you will find it is an incredible line.

• Klipsch Employees

Yes, I do have an Aragon 2004 in my system. I got it used about a year ago.

It is a 100 X 2 single ended amp. I have it driving my subs, using my Denon for the xover. I had the amp on my mains and it did sound better, but I am about 80% movies now and needed the power for the subs.

Doug, the man you talked to was Paul Rosenberg. One of the nicest guys you can ever meet.

Keith I agree on the fool comment ...and his $$, look at Mike Tyson.

But like anything in life you also get what you pay for. Excellent high end stuff saved for, invested for, is a great purchase... If purchased with funds not to effect your every day life. But what is wrong with some of this country's thinking that succesful people should not enjoy the fruits of their hard work is silly.(And perhaps another topic that gets political and I try to stay away from those on here.)

OK, sorry.. I can't..LOL..

Bill gates has created or taken a company with others ideas and created something that we all can use as software for a desktop computer. Think of the lives changed, peoples livelyhoods being employed by, or indirectly doing programs for, Microsoft that have also created fortunes for lots of people. Why is it so bad to be successful in the USA and rewarded for it too? I fear we teach this garbage in HS's and College today that it is bad to be successful.

If you do not like where you are, rather than sit on your bum... Go out, get some education, work hard for someone...save your money, risk everything and create your own empire. OK, not directed at you, more at Americans in general. I am sorry for letting this get political I now will go back to audio only answers if possible.

Aragon is a great product. The "Stage One" sounds incredible. But you will have to pay for it to have an "Incredible experience" too. Hopefuly in 2006, we will see them priced on eBay at bargains.. I wish!!!

Not sure I followed that. But if, as you say, it is such a great investment that you sucessfully worked so hard to earn, why not pay full price for it now? Then you might feel that you have a toy that the average boy can't afford.

Surely a person that has attained such a lofty stature in life would feel obligated to pay an incredible price for such an incredible experience.

LOL!!

Keith

I ran an older Aragon 4004 MK II on my Dahlquist DQ-10's and the sound was nothing short of outstanding.

If I wasn't running tubes -- I would run Aragon.

Bob -- I really wish you guys would send the new Stage One to Audioholics. I thought Josh Hall's response was lame.

i own two acurus amps. the sole reason i own acurus vs. aragon was i simply couldn't hear enough difference between the two in order to justify the additional $. both lines are nothing short of extraordinary. you can literally turn the volume up and run these amps all day and they will still run cool. quite frankly i couldn't imagine replacing these beauties ever!

Well it seems that my question was quite ridiculous, since Aragon has proven itself to be an excellent line of components. I guess the misconception I had was that it was made by the same engineers as Klipsch, and Klipsch wasn't known for anything other than speakers.

I would really like to listen to some Aragon products, not to purchase (I am happy with my components), but just to listen to it and see what their sonic signature is like.