RF-5 oppinions ?

billprew

Looking to buy a pair of floorstanding speakers and think the RF-5's would be about all my budget would allow. Are these speakers still active in the product line, and not replaced by the newer RF-35, etc? Are there any plans to replace them soon, should I wait? It looks like the 8" drives in the new line are a little different than the older RF-5's, are the RF-5's still superior in sound (and priced a bit higher). Just want to make sure I'm making a good purchase decision...

I own RF-5's and I love them. stephenW38 will probably respond to this as well, as he went from RF-3's to RF-5's and said the difference was day and night. from what I have heard, the RF-5's have much better imagaing, better bass, and a cleaner, smoother midrange than the RF-3's. click my the link in my signature to see the associated equipment I'm using.

I concur. The RF5's are awesome! Sure there are better floor standing models if you're willing to spend more, but they're hard to beat for the $$.

I went from Synergy's to RB3's and finally settled on the RF5's for my front speakers and never looked back.

talk to arthurs, the 7's are a definate improvement over the 5's. but if faced with the 5's versus 35's issue go 5's, i have had all but the 35's in house, so i have made lengthy comparrisons, and just for grins have listened to the 35's next to the 5's in an a-b, and the 5's are better12.gif