Updated NOUSAINE subwoofer data list

fabulousfrankie

Thanks Frank... nice to see you around...

I think it's largely meaningless. The list is about output, that's pretty much it imho.

But usefull starting place when you are looking at pairing to the bigger heritage series... and maintain dynamics...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Frank... nice to see you around...

I think it's largely meaningless. The list is about output, that's pretty much it imho.

But usefull starting place when you are looking at pairing to the bigger heritage series... and maintain dynamics...

I agree. The list is really just a starting point for researching subs. As others already noted it's not "the one at the top is best" but definitely not meaningless.

This list is seriously missing top of the line

subs,too many are missing. Where is the SVS Ultra,the HSU VTF3HO, JL

Fathom f113,Revel B15,Aerial SW12,Velodyne HGS18 or DD18,ACI Maestro,no

Danley Labs subs!!! Contra Bass...?? ...where are they?

It is STILL missing the best of the

best. If the point of a list like this is output then why aren't

the big boys in there? Doesn't make sense.

It is STILL missing the best of the best. If the point of a list like this is output then why aren't the big boys in there? Doesn't make sense.

Well for a list like this to seriously show true standings JL Audio subs have to be present the f113 that is. It is a benchmark in sealed commercial subs. HSU and SVS top of the line as they represent high performance ported commercial subs.And a few DIY using the Adire Tumult and the TC Tounds heavy hitting sealed and ported subs.A dual TC-2000 ported subs would knock the Stryke and Genelec out.And I am not even talking a TC-3000 or LMS-5400 that would make the Genelec look like a bass module. [:D]

OT

Genelec...pah....I will have something so superior it is not even funny. TC Sounds style [:D] Cant help it....

• 2 months later...

Velodyne CHT-15 vs Klipsch KSW-15

I call it the low cost bang for buck fight, tell me fellow audio lovers...who would win? (be it clairty, depth, slam, etc)

CHT-15....the KSW15 I had one shortly(paid peanuts)and sold it fast.

The CHT-15 is no world beater but a better overall sub.

Nousaine tests mostly low cost cheapo subs...the big hitters are missing. I have a few subs that would blast the top away,the RSW15 ha a lot of output 40-80Hz,below 25Hz it is weak and it sits near the top!? SOme cheapo crappo SVS low end subs high...? LOL A few HSU high...they use jokes as drivers compared to what is on the market... from TC Sounds,JL and Aura.

A major DIY just butchers the list. Any "sub" with not capable of a strong 31.5Hz output(106dB) should be called sad joke and removed from the list.

Throw in the Gotham and see the guard fall on its face,where is the Klipsch THX sub combo? Where are so many great performers? Nousaine should get serious and start reviewing top dogs not weaklings.

• 4 years later...