v.2-400s in car

Sam_D

I read this being posted about year ago, and it said it would be very hard/impossible. However, wouldn't you just be able to get a transformer/converter thing for 120 volt AC power and plug the Pros into there?

I've seen them advertised for around $45-$70. Anyone know if this will work?

I would HIGHLY not recommend you put your speakers in a car, Think about it, without proper mounting they would be bouncing all over the place and you would damage them very easily. Plus these are multimedia speakers not CAr speakers i dont think it would sound very good in a car either( they are meant for home use) if you want car audio go get an amp a cheap 12" in a ported box, and that would probably work a lot better than trying that.

------------------

Download the latest ver. of Klipsch 3d Animation:

http://blake.prohosting.com/~swerv/subwoofer4.avi

Well I wasn't really planning on it, I was just wondering if it could be done. Besides, I wouldn't want to take away great sound in my computer room..

------------------

Klipsch Rules.

ProMedia Tech Support #

1-888-554-5665

promediatech@klipsch.com

• 2 weeks later...

The only problem with using an inverter is that there is a ton of high frequency crap. I had to use a line-level isolation transformer for my car computer audio system. (It is connected to my car stereo system, not my v2-400s.)

------------------

Damn, I really need a girlfriend.

• 1 month later...

OK, just for clarification, there is almost no difference between driver made for car audio and drivers made for home audio. The biggest one is the Ohm rating. And I did put my Pros in my Jeep, but it was just parked in the driveway with a long extension cord. I put the front sats down where the kickpanels are and tried the rear stas both forwards in the corner and backwards firing into the rear glass. It sounded good. Wouldn't recomend it for permanent install. The bass from my Pro sub in the Jeep was comprable to my 10" Alpine Type S which gets 150 watts RMS, but the 10" goes lower (duh)c>

------------------

Who knows what evil lurks in the darkness of The Kave ?

www.thekave.net Home of The Klipschmonster!

One more thing. Inverters vary greatly in quality. Some RV manufacturers use the 4.1 for their deluxe motor home systems; we recommend to them to use inverters that are capable of 500 Watts or more. The speakers may stress out on anything less.

------------------

Klipsch ProMedia Customer Service # is

1-888-554-5665

Because I am not rich, and short on cash.. and deffeniatly will be after having a car, becauase of food gas ect.

I will probobly pick up a set of Pro Medias off Ebay, and hook them up in my car.

If the inverter isnt to much

How much would one cost me?

Smile.gif as for the speakers bouncing around, thats where the Hofys FAmous Duck tape mounting system comes into play Smile.gif

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

They cost about $45-70+ (USD, of course)

I found those prices in a catalog, but you might be able to find them somewhere else with better quality for less $. Besides, even if you can't use it for the Pros, you could just use it for anything else that requires AC power.cwm35.gif

------------------

Klipsch Rules.

ProMedia Tech Support #

1-888-554-5665

promediatech@klipsch.com