I've got the best wife in the world!

jdm56

you are lucky indeed, i have seen this thread in 2 places now, i avoided it the first time, but because of my recent experience with the machine i will convey my experiences, i did head to head recently on many machines, the top 3 were the 47A1, the denon 2900, yammy s2300, i demoed them all using movies with alot of color, high contrast colors, and especially in episode 2 the pioneer just started showing the remaining chroma bug, plus it developed diagonal lines, the yammy and denon had seemingly 0 problems, and all costed the same money, i ended up with the denon, and it has played flawlessly since i bought it, it was certainly worth the comparisons, good luck 12.gif12.gif

I'm only planning to use these two for music- at least for now, but still, any malfunction or performance problem is not good. But I imagine it was just one of those sample to sample things. IOW, it could happen to anything, I suppose. Besides, nothing is signed for - I could still go the Denon or Yamaha route. (Denon AVR-3803/DVD-2900, Yamaha RX-V1300/DVD-S2300) The Pioneer duo gives you i-link, though, which I think is a big, big plus for SACD and DVD-Audio.

As for the budget, let's just say dubya's tax credit was a big help! 1.gif

James, I have owned my DV-47a for almost a year now with not one single problem. Picture and sound on this machine have been fantastic. We have this player going most everyday, playing either SACD/DVD-a, CD's or an occasional movie. I have not seen a hint of the dreaded chroma bug, or any flaws at all for that matter. I bought this player when there was NO alternative to the SACD/DVD-a pissing contest most other manufactures were engaged in. It was either DVD-a or SACD at the time.. or have BOTH with the Pioneer. I took a chance and purchased this off ebay "new" for well under the list price. I like it a LOT.

Pioneer Elite/Yamaha/Denon... really can't go wrong here can ya? 2.gif

Take care

Mike

2.gif

Yeah my X wife is the best in the world. She lets me do anything I want, spend my money as I see fit, hang out with my friends when ever I want, go out when ever I want, look at other half naked women when I am out, flirt with other women, eat whatever I want, drink as much as I want, and never *****es about me having the remote.

Damn if my fiance could only be more like my X wife, I would be set.9.gif

Scott

Today, I had an Integra dealer try to talk me out of going with the Pioneer Elite set-up. The new 6.4 Integra receiver does seem to be built very well. It has extremely flexible cross-over options, and even uses the same dsp on SACD and DVD-A - but to do it, it takes the multi-channel analog output and then converts it back to digital to perform it's dsp hocus-pocus, which of course means an extra cycle of d/a - a/d conversion! 14.gif

I like the Pioneer i-link much better. The JVC receiver reviewed in S&V this month would appear to use the same method Integra does, and although that reciver got a very good write-up (SURPRISE!), it's noise levels with SACD/DVD-A were barely better than with CD. Could it be that extra a-d/d-a conversion?

So it does look like it will be the Pioneer Elite VSX-55TXi receiver and DV-47Ai universal disc player. I think I'm looking forward to having DPL-II in the music room for two-channel CD's, as much as I am looking forward to starting a collection of hi-rez multi-channel music - the selection and prices of SACD and DVD-A that I've found so far leaves a lot to be desired!

Thanks Tony, for the congrats. Maybe now I'll finally find out what my belle can do in the center!

I really like Marantz gear too, but that DV-8400 is quite pricey. I see it has a digital output for hi-rez, but I don't see ANY Marantz receivers on their website that have one. What's up with that? It does take two to tango. That's the two main reasons Marantz got crossed off my list.

with what I've dropped on gear recently, I have to also recognize the greatness that is the woman I am married to. Not only didn't she balk at the expense, has actually engaged in my listening and buying process (although I think she's only pretending to be interested) I married way over my head...