Parasound HALO

mmiles

The C2 and C1 come with adapters to convert from BNC to RCA if need be for the component inputs. Since the game machines have proprietary cables you'll likely need to use the adapters. Most users are getting custom cables made to be RCA on one side and BNC on the other. That way it will hook up a DVD player perfectly with no adapters.

Brent Huskins

Media Design

If you're asking me...My name is Brent Huskins and I own Media Design in Fort Worth, TX. ("MDAOE" - stands for Media Design Architects of Electronics)

I am one of the nations largest Parasound Halo dealers. Since Mr. Miles made referece to me at the top of the thread, I figured I would chime in.

I happen to lurk around here (Klipsch Forum) on occasion, but I don't post much.

thanks for asking,

Brent Huskins

Media Design

Yep HALO is good stuff...even the 2-channel amp which got recommendation in TAS. I wonder if I could live w/o a 2-channel pre-amp if I bought a pre/pro and went full multi-purpose HT/2-channel/multi-channel music.

I'm starting to think about a pre/pro in this class. Here are the candidates

HALO --- seems awesome

These might be close but lower price:

Emotiva (future from the AV123 ONIX guys) $2.5k -- similar to Halo but cheaper??? late 2003.

Cary pre/pro

Anthem AVM20

Or the cheap side of me thinks about the future higher-end Outlaw pre/pro or even a used $1100 B&K Ref 30.

I'm not sure if Meridian or Lexicon can fit into this price range even used with modern features.

Buy the mag! hehehehehehehehe...

give me a fax # and i'll send you a copy.

well as far as cost is concerned, i thought it was 2 BEERS. right brent?

said to say all my HALO is packed up in a closet until March. my g/f just does not have the room to set up my (our, hehehehehehe. NOT it's in the prenup) system.

regards,

mike