Which A/V Receiver is best with the RF-35 series

dPhoenix

I am looking at purchasing the RF-35 series. I have heard hundreds of reviews of receivers. I am looking for opinions from the peanut gallery on the best receiver for the RF-35 series! Looking to spend around $1000.

Yamaha's to harsh!

Denon is blah!

NAD is unreliable!

Pioneer is overpriced!

and on and on!!!

I have heard it all and looking for everyone's 2 cents! 9.gif

Around $1000 you can get some solid receivers from Harman Kardon,Denon and Pioneer.

I would look at Harman Kardon,its in no way harsh and sounds quite good with Klipsch.

If you find these receivers still not up to your taste listen to Sunfire Theater Grand III/Celeste MOON(W5/W3)amps then you will hear what is possible.But dont whine about the price.

No receiver can match good separates,but for a mere $1000 you can get some good quality receiver to enjoy HT as well as music.

----------------

On 8/25/2003 6:54:49 PM dPhoenix wrote:

I have heard it all

----------------

Then what the heck you need our opinions for? You've heard it all already. And other than HK, if you go by the opinions you posted, then you've basically ruled out 90% of the best brands in that price range. Great job.

----------------

On 8/25/2003 6:54:49 PM dPhoenix wrote:

I am looking at purchasing the RF-35 series. I have heard hundreds of reviews of receivers. I am looking for opinions from the peanut gallery on the best receiver for the RF-35 series! Looking to spend around $1000.

Yamaha's to harsh!

Denon is blah!

NAD is unreliable!

Pioneer is overpriced!

and on and on!!!

I have heard it all and looking for everyone's 2 cents!
9.gif

----------------

Just a few points here.

#1 Yamaha's to harsh! Thats kind of strange because I went to harsh for a week one day and I NEVER saw a single Yamaha.

#2 Denon is blah! That IS weird because thats all my dog has ever heard about them whenever Ive discussed the Denons with her. Blah!blah blah blah blah.. blahhhhhhhhh

#3 NAD is unreliable! Maybe so but youve got to give them credit for honesty. What more could you ask from a company that names their products Not All Dead.

#4 Pioneer is overpriced! I dont think so. At their prices you could get lucky and walk out of the store with a pie in EACH ear.

#5 and on and on!!! Well this ones easy. You just need to replace the power switch if you want it to go on AND off

#6 I have heard it all and looking for everyone's 2 cents! Well youve heard it all and more than 2 cents worth. In fact since youre a newbie Ill give you the introductory price for my opinion for just a buck 2 eighty. In US dollars thatll be $450. I guess that means well be debating over 550 dollar receivers in the near future. In that case wed need to throw Outlaw onto the list but Id be afraid to do so because then people will probably start complaining about how they got robbed after buying one.

Sorry, but when you come to the peanut gallery you always need to keep your eyes peeled. You never know when Howdy Doody and Clarabell might show up. With that said I suppose I better be Buffalo Bob, bob, bob, bopping back down the Bunny trail. Now wasnt dat helpful? He He He He He He

We was sailing along

On da Moonlight Bay

We could hear the voices ringing

They seemed to say

Well RadioShack has a great deal on some RCA recievers, but if you really want to impress the friends try to find thier old Olypmus line on E-Bay. You could buy a seperate amp per channel that way, then slap on a premium pre-amp from Goldstar! Just make sure to get a Monster Power AVS 2000 later to protect this great gear ...