Piping sound from TV

Hey all. I have a set of 4.1 promedias and a soundblaster live sound card. I am getting a DVD player for my television soon but I realized that the television speakers are pretty bad, and that I wouldn't be getting the most from the DVD player with them. I'd really like to connect my promedias to the system but I have no clue how. If the data is different and I can't just plug them in directly, is there a way to pipe the sound from the telvision (or the DVD player?) through the computer which can interperet it, and send it back through the sound card through the promedias? Or is this hopeless and I can't do this with the equipment that I have? Thanks in advance.

FlatLine

This is in reply to an email someone sent me in reply to this post but I can't seem to reply without getting errors.

"There will be a set of RCA type outputs on the back of this DVD player, one red and one white, being right and left audio. You need a "y" adaptor; (2 male rca's to one female 1/8" phono jack) plug the ends of the rca's to the dvd and the female 1/8 goes to one end of the signal cable for the pro medias and the other to the pro medias themselves, plug in pro medias to wall and volia."

Wow if this works you're my new hero hehe. Have you tried this? I'm

wondering because i wasn't sure if the promedias would be kosher with the

data from the DVD player. Also can you clear up exactly which jacks etc. I

need to buy? The way it is worded is a little confusing. Thanks again.

On the back of most tvs there is an audio out source, one red composite and one white. At radio shack you can get a converter that converts the composite (circular outputs that are the same as the ones that you connect your vcr with: yellow, red, and white) it converts it to a large headphone connector(the size of the headphone jacks on recievers). Than you have to buy a large headphone adapter(the ones that you can take off of headphones to allow it to fit into a 1/8" jack, unless you already have one) and connect it to a y adapter, so you can connect both the fronts and the rears. I wrote this for the most electronicly dumb person to understand, so I think you should be able to figure it out. If you don't have the composite connection on the back of your tv, then good look getting it to work. The only thing about the dvd player is that it supports 5.1 and you are only going to get stereo with the pros.