Thanks for all the Help now, what should I use for 7.1 back surrounds?

Mike Frankel

Hi ALl:

First off, let me thank all of you Forum members who have helped me in these past months as I was assembling my HT/Multi-Channelmusic system. I am forever in your debt for taking the time to answer my many questions.

That said, I now have yet another question.

I an getting a Denon 3803 to power my system and already have the following speakers for it.

Front-Black Forte II's

Center-Black Academy

Side Surrounds(A)For Movies-Black RS-7's

Back Surrounds-(B)-For Multi-Channel Music-Black Forte II's

Subwoofer-Black RSW-15

My question is this. The Denon has the capacity to have two center channel back (or whatever anyone wants to call them) speakers. This is I, guess for the 7 in the 7.1 system. I would like to know what anyone would suggest I use for these. They would have to be wall mounted, so I could not use full size speakers, but would like to get as much response as I can from them. I was thinking about using two KLF-C-7's since I alfready have one, but I am not sure that would not be a better suited speaker out there.

Again, thanks for all the help and I hope you have some suggestions out there.

Mike

On my system I stopped at 6 speakers and went with 1 RS3II rear channel. It was just my luck that Tweeter had one brand new in the box. My thinking was, if it's mono, why bother with 2 speakers?

My system:

Denon 3802

Forte II's front

Academy Center

RS3's for L&R Surround

RS3II for rear channel

Why don't you try the one KLF-C7 for a lone rear surround. Do you have any sort of DVD collection that you can choose a disc that has reported to have good back surround tracks in order to see how it sounds? Pearl Harbor is a popular one with good use of surrounds.If you post your DVDs I'll see if I own any of them and tell you if they would be good to use to test the rear effects.

Some of the DVD's that I have:

Terminator 2 Extreme Version

Lawrence Of Arabia

The Matrix

Restored Silent Metroplois

Anime Metroplolis

Spirited Away

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Daredevil

Spiderman

X-Men

I will probably try the KLSF C-7. DOes anyone think it is worth having two back surrounds. My front and back walls are about 12 feet long, and my sides are 18 feet.

Thanks

Mike

My HT is within a foot or two of yours in both dimensions and I think it sounds great with one speaker in the back.

To test, try Spiderman during the 'goblin ethereal voice' and outside party scenes. And in X-Men, the scene where Wolverine tries to get out of the institute.

If you have or get Lord of the Rings, the combat in the caves is...well...yikes! 6.gif

Also, in Aliens Extended Version, the Aliens pounding on the pressure door after the sentry guns run dry is short but creepy.

Predator DTS version also has some damn good enviroment sounds when the team is on it's way back after wiping out the base camp.