What do you think of my new audio racks?

Just got these new audio racks to compliment my new Legends. You can click the link in my signature to see my old racks. There is a matching TV stand that I want to get but it's out of stock right so I just have to use my old one until they come in.

I got these at what I thought was an incredible price and it's the normal price to boot. I'm mainly posting this just to share what I think is a great deal on these stands.

Now that I think of it, wouldn't it be fun to see if you can guess the price and where I got them from?

I'll see what the 1st few guesses are and I'll tell you guys if you're interested. What do ya think?

----------------

On 8/31/2003 8:52:34 AM synthfreek wrote:

I saw those at Sears.

----------------

No you didn't, they're exclusive to one store only.

And that store is......................Walmart. Yes you read correctly, it's Walmart.

They're made by Home Trends and the most amazing thing about them is the price, which is only $79(not a sale price)!

I saw them in a Walmart in Emporia, KS when I was visiting someone there. When I got back home(VA), I sold my old racks and headed out to Walmart to pick up the new ones, but every Walmart I checked(6 stores) was out of stock(still can't find the matching tv stand). All my components were sitting on the floor for 2 months until I found them a few days ago. When I first saw them, I thought they were the Bush Eclipse racks from Best Buy that I originally wanted but I just didn't want to fork over $300/ea. I thougth they were mismarked so I did a little further investigation and found out they were a little different. The top and bottom of the Bush racks are a rough gray finish, these racks have a piano gloss black top and bottom. The Bush racks are wider and have thinner metal columns. These ones have much sturdier metal support columns and are just wide enough to fit your components. It's not wide enough if you ask me, because if you look closely at the BFD(which has little metal tabs that make it's width 19") doesn't completely fit the metal columns. The width is 18" and all consumer gear I know of is less than that(most components are around 17"), the BFD is made for professional use, so maybe that's why.

If anyone wants to look for them, the part number is 998-281 and Walmart calls it a "CD Shelf". I don't have the part number to the TV stand but it has similar styling and holds up to a 36" TV. They're a new product and they're not on Walmart's website, although, they do have the more expensive Bush racks mentioned above.

----------------

On 8/31/2003 11:13:41 AM fini wrote:

Pretty cool looking! The only problem I see is that with a single hole in the rear column per shelf, it would be impossible to separate line & speaker cords from power cords.

fini----------------

That is true Fini.

Are there racks made with two holes per shelf so you can separate the wire you want? I've been thinking of adding those ferrite clamps that Parts Express sells to all my interconnects. I'm not really sure if it makes a big difference though. If it doesn't, they're only $1.25/ea so I'm not out too much money.

Wow Frank, you hooked it up good. I thought I saw those at Goodguys, or atleast thought it was made by Elite Industries. And the ones I saw of those were about $300. Yours look just as good, but you got it for less than a third of the price!

By the way, I was checking out your rig on soundwise, and it notes you're still in college? What year are you? You must be envy of all your peers with THAT gear.

----------------

On 8/31/2003 1:40:12 PM nicholtl wrote:

By the way, I was checking out your rig on soundwise, and it notes you're still in college? What year are you? You must be envy of all your peers with THAT gear.

----------------

I'm in my 2nd year of college. After high school I joined the Army and after I got out I've been a full time college student.