Klipsch's Officially Releases 5.1

INDIANAPOLIS (May 2001) -- Klipsch Audio Technologies has introduced the THX®-Certified ProMedia 5.1 personal audio system, a six-piece, 500-watt (RMS) set of surround sound speakers that maximize audio signals from PC and Macintosh computers as well as with digital decoders and alternate input sources such as the new PlayStation 2 and forthcoming Microsoft X-Box.

The two-way ProMedia 5.1 satellite speakers include exclusive Klipsch MicroTractrix Horn tweeters that cleanly and accurately handle the high frequencies. A three-inch fiber-composite cone driver delivers smooth mid-bass reproduction. Each satellite speaker comes with a self-supporting pedestal, but Klipsch also offers accessory upgrades such as telescopic floor stands and adjustable wall brackets through the klipsch.com web site.

The magnetically shielded center channel uses the same Klipsch MicroTractrix Horn tweeter and three-inch fiber-composite cone woofer as each satellite speaker, ensuring an ideal blend and seamless driver transition. The center channel comes with rubber non-slip stabilizing feet, new spring-clip wire terminals, and a rear-post adjustment for angle optimization.

The high-output, low distortion subwoofer is a bass-reflex type with a flared, tuned front port and two 8-inch side-firing woofers. The 500-watt BASH® amplifier and Klipsch engineering offer high output with low distortion and effortless dynamic headroom. BASH® (Bridged Amplifier/Switching Hybrid) amplifiers are powerful, conventional amplifiers with digital switching-type power supplies, which are efficient, high-output, low distortion designs that deliver superior sound quality over conventional Class-D amps.

The user-friendly control tower features separate main, center, rear and subwoofer volume controls as well as a digital LED volume level display and an on/off or headphone listening mode switch. It also has two stereo miniplug jacks, one for headphone output and one for the convenient connection of portable audio devices and any other alternative source that uses a stereo miniplug output.

Reasonably priced ($399.99 U.S. MSRP) the ProMedia 5.1 will be available for purchase at specialty audio stores, and on the klipsch.com web site.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you like to cut and paste from gamersdepot.com Wink.gif Anyway I wouldn't be too exicted I only have had the 4.1 for maybe 3 month and already their is a better one.

Damn that is unless you haven't bought the 4.1 , but wait 3 more month and something better will come along an improvement on the 5.1 like the v-2 400 to 4.1 .

It will never end! :D :D :D

------------------

AL-FAWWAZ

i have not seen the press elease either... i want pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wonder how low it can go.... with 1.5 inches and 40 watts more i am sure it can boom. i am sooooooo excited!!!!!!!!! i will get them as soon as they hit the stores and tell you all about them! i want pictures from klipsch now!!!!!!!! what gamer's depot said sounds great, a lot of leds on it! yeah baby!!!

------------------

-justin

http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/berry/88/

quote:

so you like to cut and paste from gamersdepot.com

First off if you are implying that i cut and pasted this as my own work, then you have got it all wrong. Second i was so excited that i forgot to post the url

quote:

Anyway I wouldn't be too exicted I only have had the 4.1 for maybe 3 month and already their is a better one

Your right they are called the PARADIGM cinema series. They will put the Klipsch quintets to utter shame and even cost $400 less. SO instead of me paying 600 hundred canadian for the new 5.1 klipsch, i can get the PARADIGM cinema series for 800 hundred Canadian which out perform $1800 hundred dollar($can) satellite systems. Here is a link, the only one i have off hand right now http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/SoundAndVision/FrameSet/TestReports/Paradigm1227/paradigmp01.html

I Think the 5.1 come to a price point which just really arn't worth it anymore. None the less I am very happy to see klipsch finally release a 5.1 system.

So where are the damn pics??????

This message has been edited by P_a_r_a_d_i_g_m on 05-23-2001 at 02:44 AM

let me wipe the drool up.

ya.. 2 8s would be nice.. I'm pleased with 4.1 - in a 12x12 room.. dual 6 is fine. I hardly have room wnough for the 4.1 - would have no room for the 5.1

------------------

1GHz TBird

Abit KT7A-RAID

Kingmax 256MB PC150

Annihilator2 32MB GT§

Intel Pro100+Management NIC

Promise Ultra100

IBM 75GXP 45GB ATA100 Maxtor DMP6800 27.2GB ATA66

Plextor 16X10X40A §ony 12X DVD

§BLive! 5.1

AOpen HX08 Full Tower 300W

§ony CPD-G400 19" Triny

ProMedia 4.1

Ya bought my 4.1's a few weeks ago. I knew of the 5.1's at the time but not very much. I thought i would feel cheated but these are still awesome. No matter how good the 5.1's are these are still good and i am still happy. Besides the 5.1's are 100 dollars more expensive + i would have to buy a 5.1 card. Thats about $300 dollars canadian more. Then add tax to that its waay outa my budget. Extra 400 bucks for a center channel? No thanks i like the phantom just fine, besides Amy told me the 4.1's are better for computers.

don't misunderstand me, I love my 4.1's. The fact of the matter is, I just bought these less than 2 months ago, I feel like klipsch is giving it to me right in the a**. I mean I just bought these brand new/new model speakers, and then they announce a newer... better one. I'll be very dissappointed if klipsch doesn't offer an upgrade plan, maybe even enough to sell my 4.1's on ebay at a loss and buy the sb 5.1 digital set.

"boo hoo, sob, sob, I just bought my 1.2gig thunderbird a month ago and now they've got a 1.3, before you know it the athlon 4 will be out. I demand an upgrade! I just bought a geforce 3 and in a month the geforce 3 pro, or ultra or something will be out. I demand an upgrade on that. I bought a cheeseburger at mcdonalds and now they have a double cheeseburger! I've been screwed!"

Here we go again with the whining. Nobody is getting screwed. If you want the new ones buy them. If not keep the ones you've got and quit yer bitchin'. I'm still using my v2.400's and very happy with them. It will probably be a while before I can convince my wife to let me spend the money on the 5.1's, but when I do, rest assured, I'm not gonna come here crying like a baby if they release new ones a month after I buy them. I'm gonna listen to the ones I have and appreciate them because they rock. Please think about how silly it sounds to complain because a company releases a better model of something. It happens every day. It's called progress.

------------------

PROMEDIAS anything less would be uncivilized

This message has been edited by jjayb on 05-24-2001 at 10:22 AM

Well, how can you blame klipsch for releasing a new model of speakers, I mean a lot of people were asking for a 5.1 set. And as for the "upgrade" people want, well the same thing happened to all of the v.2-400 owners (me) and you shouldn't feel cheated, you still have one of the best 4.1 systems out there

------------------

Miles