Klipsch's Officially Releases 5.1

JK, i got mine 2 weeks ago. but i knew of their release then. I just Said F#@# it, youve gotta settle somewhere. these cost me 550 canadian with tax, the 5.1's with a new sound card would be around 800-900 with tax, forget it!

i would rather buy a HT system.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you can by the speakers to a nice HT setup, but that's about it for $800 CAN, or $517 US (no receiver, dvd player, speaker wire etc...) And what do you have against Klipsch anyway they make a great product at a very good price, at least here in the US, upset that you bought the 4.1's and not the new 5.1's ?

------------------

Miles

quote:

And what do you have against Klipsch anyway they make a great product at a very good price, at least here in the US, upset that you bought the 4.1's and not the new 5.1's ?

------------------

I have nothing against KLIPSCH, I think they are a great company. Now about the HT setup you have it all wrong. All you need is a receiver or amp and hook it up to your sound card, presto!!!! Besides the 5.1 are over $600 canadian. You can get the Paradigm Cinema series which as you already know, is 10x better.

I think the 4.1 are a great deal, but the 5.1 are just getting to expensive, in which your better off getting real HT speakers.

Heck yeah the Paradigms are great speakers, I'm just saying that I feel the 5.1's are a good deal for (people in the US because they seem to be less expensive here) those that have 5.1 cards with analog output (AE, SBlive 5.1). I mean for the price of a good HT subwoofer you get a full set a pretty good speakers.

------------------

Miles

I got my promedias 4.1 not even 2 weeks ago (replaced them for my cambridge soundworks DTT2500 system with a 10" JBL sub), and reading now the announcement of the 5.1 promedia system has made me reach a whole new level of anger beyond explanation...

That said, I want to give some advice to Klipsch just in case I decide to go through the ordeal of selling the 4.1's and my SB platinum to get a 5.1 sound card and the 5.1's. (damn klipsch! and damn me and my pride...)

1.Please get rid of the sh**** 1/8 miniplugs for the speakers, they crackle every time you move them the slightest and sometimes the speakers even mute, this is not fair for $300)

2.Also get rid of those cheap speaker cables, they are way too thin and fragile.

3.Do something about the excessive subwoofer heat

4.You should include a dolby digital decoder with them, cambridge soundworks does this for $300, and no matter what all of you say, the DTT2500's sound better on dolby digital then the 4.1's.

5.Get rid of the random crackling when one turns the volume dial.

6.Go for a digital input once and for all...

If Klipsch is able to fix all these serious issues (which are serious when u pay upwards of $300) the new system should blow away all the competition, otherwise its not worth $400, way too high...

This message has been edited by The_bone_collector on 05-24-2001 at 09:15 PM

Ya i got mine 2 weeks ago too. i was pissed but i now realize that i would have not purchased the 5.1's and the 4.1's are good for my computer. Promedias are computer speakers. The 5.1's are also computer speakers that double as a cheap buy decent HT setup. If the reason why your buyin it is for HT, considering the only real difference is the center channel, do yourself a favor and get a HT setup. Like the paradigms mentioned above,

Peace outa here

quote:

Paradigm, in one of your first posts you said you could get the paradigms for 800 can. In the link it said they were just over 700 american. Do you know anywhere you can get them that cheap?

SIMPLE ANSWER = CANADA

Paradigm is a Canadian company therefore there speakers are something like 35% cheaper here.

The paradigm cinema series goes for $799 american, in Canada they are $899 candian

Hey Paradigm, as your name implies, you try and promote this company because mainly they are WAY better than the Klipsch's 4.1/4.2 and their new upcoming 5.1s, but realistically, these Cinema Series from Paradigm are just way too expensive for PC systems. How much do the Cinema Series go for here in the U.S.? 700? 800? not including the shipping either!! And also you will need to buy a receiver right? Doesn't seem like the Cinema Series have built-in amplifiers to power the satellites (the subwoofer however seems to have a 90-watt amp). So how much do receivers go for? 200 for decent receivers, but why buy the cheap ones!!! 300? 400? And do you these Cinema Series come with speaker cables? If they do, most factory cables are not as good in terms of quality versus the "better" aftermarket cables out there. So let alone, there is another 100 dollars. By this time, my dime-sized holes in my pockets became exponentially bigger (hence, my pants have fallen off).

Total cost for the Paradigm's Cinema series : WAY more than the Klipsch's new 5.1s. So if you want the WAY more performance and money is not an object, then by all means, go for the Paradigm's. But if you're like me and most of the people who simply can't afford Paradigm's then Klipsch's speakers arent as bad as you think. Although I do in fact believe Paradigms are better, they are also more expensive than the Klipsch PC speakers sets.

LET ME KNOW if there are cheaper Paradigm sets, yet have similar or better sound performance than the Klipschs (5.1 preferred). As of now, I own the v.2-400 and thinking about buying the new 5.1 from Klipsch.

PARADIGM CINEMA SERIES werent design for PCs!!

quote:

LET ME KNOW if there are cheaper Paradigm sets, yet have similar or better sound performance than the Klipschs (5.1 preferred). As of now, I own the v.2-400 and thinking about buying the new 5.1 from Klipsch.

LOL, I like you kid you got spunk. Anyhow did you even bother to read the above posts, case there I mentioned that the 5.1 cost 650 Canadian compared to the PARADIGM which go for 899 Canadian. Now your better off spending the extra $250 for the performance you get. The Cinema series from paradigm out performs similar products that go for $1800. So you tell me are they worth it for the extra $250 Canadian, indeed.

Also I already have a receiver and so do many others, but if you don't your better off making the investment.

here have a glance

PARADIGM.gif

Cinema.jpg

CinemaClg.jpg

quote:

PARADIGM CINEMA SERIES werent design for PCs!!

What difference is that going to make, Ill tell ya, the difference will be better sound will paradigm, go read the review I linked in the beginning of the thread

This message has been edited by P_a_r_a_d_i_g_m on 05-27-2001 at 03:20 PM

but Paradigm, for those who dont have receivers and i think its best bet to for the cheaper ones even though the Cinema series are "far" better as you say it is.

i read the review....still too expensive especially for a computer.

thanks for the input

Here they are, I just wanted to post them here incase you havent seen them, which most of you probably have already. Anyway, here they are...

------------------------------------------------------

PM51-1.jpg

------------------------------------------------------

2 years ago, my college roomates and I decided we wanted a home theater in our dorm room. None of us knew anything about a/v so we went down to circuit city and shelled out 500$ for a 32 inch tv and 500 for a pos jvc 5.1 "ht" system. It included 5 indentical surrounds which were horrible in every way and an 8 inch sub that can't hold a candle to the current promedia sub.

Now, klipsch has released an all-in-one system with the excellent sound of the 4.1/2.1 sats and what will undoubtably be, a monster sub for 400$. Sure, it doesn't have decoding, but every current sound card does so that shouldn't matter. Now, just like when klipsch introduced the 4.1's, all of you are whining about an upgrade, or complaining about the price. No one's even heard them yet. Save it for when there are some reviews.

Sure, if you live in canada, you can get paradigm cheap. Woohoo. Who cares about canada?

You're assuming he wants your lame *** paradigms. If you're going to buy a "real" home theater set up why settle for the paradigms? Why not spend a few more bucks and get a real system? You keep telling everyone "why settle for the klipsch's when you can have the paradigms?" Well I ask the same question to you. If you're gonna spend the extra money, why not spend a little more than that and get something better than the paradigms? Because of the price point right? Well that's exactly why people buy the klipsch's. Because of the bang for the buck. If they had the extra bucks then they would buy a home theater setup. They don't. Leave them alone. I personally, and probably a lot of other people, are tired of hearing about your damn paradigms. Go hang out on a paradigm board or something.

------------------

PROMEDIAS anything less would be uncivilized

quote:

You're assuming he wants your lame *** paradigms.

Couldn't care less, his loss

quote:

If you're going to buy a "real" home theater set up why settle for the paradigms

Cause Dumbass the paradigms go up to$ 2000 dollars and are considered one of the best home theater speakers out there, but then again your Lame *** knows nothing about speakers. As for this bang for the thing you keep mentioning, I disagree. Think about it the 5.1 cost $650 Canadian dollars, spend the extra 250 and you got the paradigms which will put the Kilpsch Quintets to shame. So as you can see I think it's worth it.

This message has been edited by P_a_r_a_d_i_g_m on 05-27-2001 at 03:22 PM