Klipsch's Officially Releases 5.1

personally P_a_r_a_d_i_g_m if i were to make a ht setup i wouldn't use the cinema's (micro home theater...i just don't know about that). However, i will support you in saying the paradigm does make quality speakers. So if I were you...(kinda like what jjayb

was getting at) why not get: active 40's for the front; active cc center; active 20's or acive ADP for rears; and either 2 servo 15's or two velodyne hgs-18's; and maybe a marantz AV9000. That would sound pretty nice.

--Skute

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by P_a_r_a_d_i_g_m:

Cause Dumbass the paradigms go up to$ 2000 dollars and are considered one of the best home theater speakers out there, but then again your
Lame
*** knows nothing about speakers. As for this bang for the thing you keep mentioning, I disagree. Think about it the 5.1 cost $650 Canadian dollars, spend the extra 250 and you got the paradigms which will put the Kilpsch Quintets to shame. So as you can see I think it's worth it.

From every post you have made, your pretty damn full of yourself.... Now, see if you can keep track without flaming at somebody long enough to read what other people have been telling you. The 5.1's will be approx. $650 Can. for a full 5.1 setup, with a amp included... Got it so far? Now here's the complicated part... With the Paradigm's, I would need an amp. And to get a decent 5.1 Dolby and (optional) DTS to push those speakers would cost about $350 - 400 Can if you buy cheap parts.... So, the "extra 250" for the Paradigm's quickly turns into about an extra $550 or $600. And in the end, you have some nice speakers, with a bad amp, thus causing the quality advantage they Paradigm's have to fall a little short..... All for the low low price of an extra $600 Canadian. So, in conclusion, I restate the fact that you are going around the message board bashing the Klipsch 5.1's in favor of the Paradigm's, yet in the end they cost about 40% more, when the necessary components are included. Doesn't $600 and $1150 constitute a price range difference? Perhaps putting one out of a lot of people's price range? Or maybe they are not aimed at the same market? Why buy anything, when for more money youc an have better? And better on top of that again?

Now please, stop shooting your useless comments at everybody, you've made your point *more* then enough times, and have been shot down. Have a nice day.

quote:

From every post you have made, your pretty damn full of yourself....

Please show me where, instead of just getting up here and making accusations. Big words for a little man

quote:

Now please, stop shooting your useless comments at everybody, you've made your point *more* then enough times, and have been shot down. Have a nice day.

LOL, yeah you keep self-deluding yourself. Like I said before and let's see if you can understand this, For those whom already own receivers the cinema series is a better buy than the 5.1 kilpsch. Got it!

GOOD day to you sir!

This message has been edited by P_a_r_a_d_i_g_m on 05-27-2001 at 07:51 PM

quote:

personally P_a_r_a_d_i_g_m if i were to make a ht setup i wouldn't use the cinema's (micro home theater...i just don't know about that). However, i will support you in saying the paradigm does make quality speakers. So if I were you...(kinda like what jjayb

was getting at) why not get: active 40's for the front; active cc center; active 20's or acive ADP for rears; and either 2 servo 15's or two velodyne hgs-18's; and maybe a marantz AV9000. That would sound pretty nice.

I just use the cinema series for my computer, my other setup is in my living room, i explained it here with pictures so just click on the link and scroll down near the botton.

http://216.37.9.58/ubb/Forum10/HTML/003751.html

quote:

Originally posted by P_a_r_a_d_i_g_m:

LOL, yeah you keep self-deluding yourself. Like I said before and let's see if you can understand this, For those whom already own receivers the cinema series is a better buy than the 5.1 kilpsch. Got it!

GOOD day to you sir!

Sorry, seems you are the confused one once again. You have only mentioned recievers twice in this thread, and both times were as follows:

1. "Also I already have a receiver and so do many others, but if you don't your better off making the investment."

Once again assuming that everybody can afford to double the price of the Klipsch 5.1's to get the Paradigm's + amp, if they do not already have one. And then if they wanted a quality amp, tack on an extra $200 - $300.

2. "That all depends my friends, if you already have a reciever, than your all set, just hook the reciver up to your sound card and presto"

You are stating the obvious, that you will need a amp for these speakers.

Now... lets see, in your above post you state

"For those whom already own receivers the cinema series is a better buy than the 5.1 kilpsch. "

Where in this thread have you posted this before? Hmm, that's funny, you have not. It seems you have changed your story in defence of your Paradigms. And you've also been assuming people are willing to buy an amp as well as speakers. And would people with an expensive high-quality amp really consider the Klipsch 5.1's anyway, as their main speakers? (considering a good amp starts at the price of the Klipsch's) The Paradigms appear to be some fine speakers for a home theatre setup, and the Klipsch 5.1's are aimed at small room 5.1 and computer use. Basic computer use, as in, without an expensive amp sitting next to you to push the Paradigm's. And an extra $250 in your pocket to buy the Paradigm's, and even more for the amp you'd like / need to have. This post was the first time you've said what you should have said all along, (and it's still opinion) that perhaps the Paradigm's would be worth the extra 250 if you have a good amp already. Until now, you have been wrong. Plain and simple. Now please, let this arguement die, everybody has heard you praise the paradim's enough, and can check the spec's for themselves.

quote:

Where in this thread have you posted this before? Hmm, that's funny, you have not. It seems you have changed your story in defence of your Paradigms.

Yes try and spin-doctor my argument. I thought that it was pretty clear that those with an amp would greatly benefit with the paradigms, common sense. But hey nice try..

quote:

Once again assuming that everybody can afford to double the price of the Klipsch 5.1's to get the Paradigm's + amp, if they do not already have one. And then if they wanted a quality amp, tack on an extra $200 - $300

No you are assuming, hypocrite(saying Im assuming when your doing the same). I never said that people here that do not have receivers could afford it, but if they could the investment into a receiver it would be well worth it. My argument still stands as it did in the beginning. If you want a 5.1 system that gives you the ultimate bang for the buck get the paradigms. If you don't have a receiver and your into sound you should get one any ways, believe me you will thank me.

quote:

I personally, and probably a lot of other people, are tired of hearing about your damn paradigms. Go hang out on a paradigm board or something.

Amen to that.

I couldnt agree more with you. In fact its kinda of funny to see how he responded by flamming you and calling you lame several times. Honestly "paradigm" you are far too obsessed with you cinema series. I'm not saying thats bad. but you come onto the klipsch forums and start RAmming your opinions down everyones throats, why dont you let people decide for themselves ok? And ive heard speakers costing less that paradigms flagship that cost less. Also the pro 4.1s are $389 here in Canada. that would put the 5.1s at around $499 or something like that, not 650 dollars... so for the price the 5.1s are likely sound great.

------------------

Download the latest ver. of Klipsch 3d Animation:

http://blake.prohosting.com/~swerv/subwoofer4.avi

quote:

"If you don't have a receiver and your into sound you should get one any ways, believe me you will thank me."

who do you think you are honestly? some messiah? Oh we will thank you, we will, once you stop posting and insulting other people. From what ive read so far, EVERYONE MUST CONSULT WITH YOU, BECAUSE YOU ARE THE AUDIO GOD. LETS US ALL BOW DOWN TO YOU AND SEEK ADVICE, PLEASE... OH MASTER , TELL US WHICH PARADIGMS WE MUST BUY.

sigh...

------------------

Download the latest ver. of Klipsch 3d Animation:

http://blake.prohosting.com/~swerv/subwoofer4.avi