quintet system and music

lpdcan28

I used to have Quintets system. They do an amazing job for home theater for their size and cost. Compared to other speakers of the same size, they are far superior, simply put - they rock. They may or may not satisfy your music listening, depending on your demands and what you are comparing them to. They did not satisfy my demands for music listening, neither did the Sinergy series. This is why I went with reference series. You have to listen to them and hear for yourself.

I think if you compare Quintets versus Bose.. which most people do, you will have richer, deeper more fulfilling sound for both Music and Movies. It will deliver what you need at a great price. Don't forget to add a KSW-10 or KSW-12 or maybe even a RW-8 Subwoofer.

If you are comparing Reference or Heritage, of course the quintets have no chance.

I have to agree with the above posts. The Quints sound very good for HT considering their size etc. However, I found them lacking for 2 channel music. I replaced the front L/R with a pair of RF-35's for that reason. I am still using the rest of the Quint system for my HT with no complaints.

I wish to expand on the above posts. I helped my Brother build a home a few years back and we put a small theatre in the fam room and distributed sound throughout. He's not a real serious HT buff, so it works for him and the kids. HOWEVER, we used the Quintet and 10" Klipsch sub for his main room, not bad for HT use, but I was never satisfied with the sound for stereo. Here's why- the Quintet are so small that you have to cross over the sub very high in it's range. The sound then becomes kind of 'honky' or 'nasal'. Another problem is that with stereo sources, some people can localize sounds better. Very low frequencies coming from a sub in the corner are no problem, but lower mid range sounds should be part of the stereo sound field, not relegated to the 'corner box', therefore you lose out on the true sound field as the artist and engineer mixed. So- Ok for small HT, NOT for stereo listening. Get at least Synergy series, preferably Reference for an earth-shaking experience! Welcome to the Club!

• 4 weeks later...

----------------

On 9/4/2003 11:37:39 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

I wish to expand on the above posts. I helped my Brother build a home a few years back and we put a small theatre in the fam room and distributed sound throughout. He's not a real serious HT buff, so it works for him and the kids. HOWEVER, we used the Quintet and 10" Klipsch sub for his main room, not bad for HT use, but I was never satisfied with the sound for stereo. Here's why- the Quintet are so small that you have to cross over the sub very high in it's range. The sound then becomes kind of 'honky' or 'nasal'. Another problem is that with stereo sources, some people can localize sounds better.

I had the same problem with my quintets "Honkey nasal" or whatever you want to call it. I solved the problem when I placed them against a wall. That reinforced the lower frequencys. MY QUINTETS are awsome and they do exactly what is expected of them ( 100hz-20khz ). and they no longer sound honkey or nasal.