How do you have your Klipsch setup?

TroyTN

I have a pair of Forte II's for the main speakers on my Denon AVR 5800 and I was wondering if Klipsch speakers should be "toed" in and pointed at the listener or facing straight? Since most Klipsch have horns, whats your suggestion on how to angle Klipsch speakers in a home theater environment? to get the best front stereo imaging and best sound. I have read on oher forums to point the tweeters just behind the lister and others stated to point directly on. How are your Klipsch set?

Thanks,

------------------

Troy...

troyTn:

They have a 90 degree horizontal dispersion pattern. The best thing to do is to toe them in so that when you are sitting in the main listening area you are looking "down the horn's throat." This will get the most sound to the listener(s) and allow the fewest reflections off the walls for true realistic sound.

greg, yes

------------------

RF-3 (front), RC-3, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-15 sub

Monsterbass 400 sub cables & Monster Z-12 speak wire

Sony de935 a/v receiver

Sony DVP-C650D dvdp

Sony Trinitron 27" tv

Technics dual cassette deck

Technics direct drive turntable

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

rock on!

Troy,when I had some Forte I's I tried this:I pointed the tweeters,left at the right side of my couch and right at the left side.Thought it would work as this is how my system is in my truck.

Found that if I took some of that toe out it improved.So just play with it till youare happy.Start with Phil H's plan and go from there.Here is a site I found that might be of interest. www.geocities.com/p_iturra/Placement.html

Happy toeing!!

Forgot to mention,my K-Horns are toed in!(he,he)

I find a huge improvement in sound quality when my RB-5's are toed inwards toward me.

This past weekend, I took a friend to our local dealer so he could hear some RF-3's. They didn't have the speakers toed in at all and the sound was disappointing. Turning those towers inward made them sing.

Ross

Ditto on the toeing in, from my experience. You might also want to "toe down" or "toe up" (hmmm - what body part would correspond with this...) your center channel so that it is pointing at the listening area as well. I have my front speakers arranged in a shallow arc with the focal point being my seat in the HT (Selfish, I know, but I'm the only one that really pays attention, anyway.)

I appreciate all the input. I have toed them in with some help from the wife and they sound much better toed in.

I appreciate all the input. On another point I must say my RS-3's, for surround sound, They sound Much better behind me on the back wall the same width as my mains rather than directly to the side of the listening position. I guess thats half the fun of this hobby. Keep experimenting!

------------------

Troy...

Question about the center channel if you don't mind. I have a RC-3 and it resides under my TV on a shelf in my entertainment center. It is a little lower than I would like but it is in the only asthetic position I have. The RC-3 has that crazy spike to angle it down (if placed too high) but there is nothing to angle it up.

The question is, what can be placed under the front of a RC-3 to raise the front up but not detreact from the sound or what little bass it produces.

------------------

Come on honey why can't I spend some more money?

• 6 years later...

I bought a 3 pack of rubber door stops at Wallyworld and spray painted them black. They now live under my RC-7. You can move them forwards or rearwards for more or less tilt in the front. It's strange, the RC-7 has legs to tilt the speaker downwards for over the TV application, but nothing to tilt it up if your center is below the TV.