Justin's Back

justin_tx_16

Just wanted to let you guys know we have internet here again and I am back online. I have pics of my room below, pretty humble. I am looking at getting into the Kappa Alpha Fraternity, but not till next year, my roommate is awesome. I actually might be buying a house out here, we will see.

Wolpers-outside.jpg

This is Wolper's Hall, my dormitory. I am on the corner you see here, fourth floor. Corner rooms are great, two heaters, two A/C's, two windows, one neighbor.

desks.jpg

My desk is on the left. I only got to bring, audiowise, my HD-600's and headphone amp, ProMedia 5.1's and SWS and my iPod. The rest, including the Heresys, had to stay home, no room yet. I brought two computers, the one you can see on the top left is a SuSE Linux system and on the floor is my powerhouse 3Ghz PIV system.

jesse-hall-back.jpg

This is what you see as you drive up to Mizzou, Jesse Hall from the back.

jesse-hall-front-with-colum.jpg

This is the most often taken picture in missouri. These are the columns of the old Jesse Hall after it burnt down. The columns are all that is left.

new-bike.jpg

This is my new bike, Specialized Hardrock Comp with Judy shocks. Only wanted to spend $250 at the bike shop but when I left I had spent nearly $600...

fusion-brew.jpg

This is the Internet Cafe I would get online at since our internet was cut off. I just got back from there actually. We are back online now though.

blackandwhitejustin.jpg

This is none other than justin_tx_16 in his roommates's girlfriend's car on the way from Bluesprings Missouri where we went to his parent's Labor Day party.

Great pics of the new hasienda.(sp?)..at least you have a pretty nice place to keep your computer...there will be many hours spent in that chair...gonna need something a little more compfortable....but then again you might get too compfy and fall asleep and not get any werk done....anyway glad your back.. we all missed ya.........gc

----------------

On 9/3/2003 9:24:35 PM JasN00b wrote:

hey justin.. cool bike. i have a Rockhopper Pro, little higher end but i prolly do heavier riding
:)

----------------

Well, you must remember, I am on a college campus, buying this bike was stupid as it is very popular for bikes to be stolen. I do bike rides all the time, my biggest so far has been an MS-150 with an extra 50 miles on it, so I did 200 miles in two days, about 90 miles and 110 miles each day. Sept 6-7 I was planning on doing the MS-150 out here down Katy Trail but my bikes, a Giant OCR 1 and TCR 1 are still in Houston and you just can't take a mountain bike down the Katy Trail and hope to finish the 150+ mile trip. This bike was supposed to be cheap enough so that if it was stolen, i could get another one and it not be such a big deal. I am joining a mountain biking group out here, if that goes well I am planning on a Canondale that has my eye, but that will have to wait till next year when I am not in a dorm (i will have more room to store it indoors instead of locked up ready to be vandalized)

I tell you, my Dell Axim x5 is what I live around now-a-days. My entire life is on that thing and backed up in two ways at least 3 times a day. It is amazing, once you get to using it...

No, not the S85, I retired that and got a Nikon CoolPix 4300 and a Nikon 80 and 8008 (arriving Sept. 19).

----------------

On 9/3/2003 11:11:18 PM garymd wrote:

Personally, I'd be spending some time at that internet cafe if you know what I mean.
2.gif
Nice diggs Justin. Work hard but have fun too.

----------------

gary, I don't know about you, but personally I don't dig goths/pale girls.

----------------

On 9/4/2003 12:00:53 AM prodj101 wrote:

----------------

On 9/3/2003 11:11:18 PM garymd wrote:

Personally, I'd be spending some time at that internet cafe if you know what I mean.
2.gif
Nice diggs Justin. Work hard but have fun too.

----------------

gary, I don't know about you, but personally I don't dig goths/pale girls.

----------------

Oh no, she is not gothy, she was coming back from a play she was in, just rehersal, and she played some crazy girl who wore goggles all the time and whatnot. walked in with them on.

S85 is sitting in my desk at home, no idea what i will do with it.

justin... dont know how you'd feel about this but what a lot of the experienced riders do with thier commuter bikes is to take some non-glossy dark green/brown spraypaint and make thier bikes look like hell. then they try and park them next to flashy bikes, and it makes your bike way less tempting16.gif

Welcome back Justin - my daughter just got the net back a week or so ago up at Truman State - Say hello to her when she passes through coming back home in October (ahe is coming through Columbia and picking up a friend on the way to St. Louis area).

If you are really up to the challenge, a couple of my basketball and softball players just started at Mizzou this year....

congrats and the Cannondale is a great bike,, Even for older folks..

Ok, here is a request / mission for you. We know your into all of these gadgets.,., By x mas, I want a dream system that is also practical as far as a notebook from your experience at college.

Pick out what we need and most important explain why to us technically challenged older folks. I assume your into all of the latest laptops at school and can talk share your experiences much better than any of us reading specs could imagine in 3-4 months...reading magazines and or talking to techies in the stores pushing the latest models soon to be replaced?

It (your suggestion) might just find itself under my tree somehow. I am looking to finally get a laptop this christmas...And would appreciate your suggestions..

So how do you like Mizzou? I dropped by on the way through last weekend on my way to St. Louis for a wedding to have some wings at CJ's (they used to be better, I dunno what happened). If you haven't had Shakespeare's Pizza yet, get on it. Damn good stuff. It's funny, I grew up in Blue Springs. I know a lot of people from there. Boring town IMO. Glad I left.

Man I miss college. I'm assuming since your in Wolpers you're probably Engineering or Computer Science right? I stayed in Hudson up the road. Co-ed floors rock. A friend of mine is going to med school there, so I'll be there on a few weekends in the future.

Good luck with school, and have fun (just not too much) 11.gif