Speakers pop when turning off fans in house...

chuckears

Wow, talk about a blast from the past!

...I have not had a problem with this since I installed two Richard Gray Power Company boxes between my gear and the newer dedicated line. They were pricey (even though I bought them used), but all of my equipment has survived some pretty wicked storms and power surges, including the whole-house power loss from a weather-head pinch that fried my computer during an ice storm a few years ago (tree limbs fell on the weather head).

...and nary a "pop" through the speakers for years now.

• 9 years later...

Hi,

So I'm experiencing this, however, the speaker is from a toy, with its own battery system. I'm thinking maybe it's the electromagnets of the fan messing with the ones in the toys speaker? It can't be electrical, as they are both insulated in dependant circuits... Also strange that it only beeps in certain positions on the ground

On 8/30/2019 at 9:16 PM, HSNY said:

It can't be electrical, as they are both insulated in dependant circuits... Also strange that it only beeps in certain positions on the ground

It's obviously electrical in nature.  The question is "how?"  If not getting through common supply wiring then it has to be airborne.  (Which the other device's relative location / orientation would affect (see Dean?) "reception of.")  Either way I believe a suitable capacitor across the fan switch contacts would snub the release of the switch-opening electrical noise.  No, I don't have a value in mind.  I'm confident google (or my now-preferred Duck duck go search engine) will provide some ideas.

I'm unaware of how the "common" (white) wires could possibly be not bonded to earth as mentioned above years ago.  The last code I've seen was current in 2007.