Question about Digital Coaxial cable

Diss

This may seem like a real newbie question and prolly is, but im guessing that if I use the coaxial out or optical out, on like my dvd player, this will eliminate the need for all the extra RCA cables, that I currently have plugged in for the 5.1? And if it does do so, does it replace the sub out too, or do I still have to run a sub cable to the receiver too?

Thanks

It will take the place of all the cables even the sub, dvd player to receiver. You will need a sub cable from the receiver to the sub. You will need the 5.1 or 6.1 hookups if you are using SACD or DVDA. I didn't look at what dvd player you have but most do not play these formats. This is how I have mine hooked up. I use the fiber cable to the receiver for movies and the 6.1 outs for my SACD.

Man where the heck have I been all this time, I've been using all those dang RCA cables when I could have just used 1 and made it a whole lot neater. Thanks guys I was wondering, Thought I was gonna be out a ton of money when I set my new system up. (hopefully Next weekend)9.gif

Thanks