Why didn't Klipsch make a RSW-18?

cdsang

----------------

On 10/25/2003 5:14:02 PM TheEAR wrote:

Tom Nousaine would award me the coveted Subhuman Lunatic Of The Year award.Few people ,very few are so extreme in their sickness.

1.gif

Well at least I still have my hearing quite intact.

----------------

I used to feel I was as sick as you but just not as rich1.gif. But now after building my dual Stryke AV15 sonotubes and even after the head room I lost after the eq'ing I'm really as satisfied as can and I feel anything more would be overkill. It's only now do I realize what a true sub lunatic you are, you get your first vote for "sub lunatic of the year" from me9.gif.

Same for me... I wish I could have more money! 9.gif But Im a student again, so the money dont come so much. Subwoofers, I love, this is my passion! I eventualy would like to study in subwoofers, so I guess this would be in the engineering department at university. But engineer in what... electronics? Physics? I did my DEC in sciences (PRE-university) at college, we call that here "sciences purs", Im sure Formica and The_Ear know what I mean. Doing this kind of studies and after, you go directly to university. But this year, I didnt feel ready for going at university and I thought about doing something else in order to be more prepared in what I would like to do so Im now doing electronics, again at college. This is cool because with the electric physics I did in sciences + the electronics Im doing, I begin to understand more and more TOTALY the physics in a woofer, but not enough to build myself or to design totaly a woofer.

I think about doing one more year in electronics (til next summer) and after going at university in something like electronics (to be an electronic engineer) or in physics... I dunno exactly yet. So I'll be able to start designing woofers after and why not, to compete and to release bang for the buck new sub-human woofers for all the bass hungry people out there 9.gif I can always dream... this would be so cool one day if I'd be able to build a woofer especialy for The_Ear, according to his specs at the best possible price! 3.gif

• 6 years later...

Klipsch is into Sound Quality and really not into Loud Bass. You can get the kind of low's from smaller subs if you have the right one or ones.

About the Power Recommendation of 700W.

I don't think that would be enough to Hold it's own at 20Hz. At that level you need Power. That is if you want to feel the bass, which is what your doing at that level anyways... SunFire has a sub that's a 10" with 1,500W and with that little guy why would you need anything else. =)

If you really want "Car Stereo Bass" get that... A home audio system should be of Pure Sound Quality and not Bass Heavy. But I've grown out of the bass head err and prefer my home theater over the other options. Now I just wish I had the Mac Amps and preamps! +)

YesI know it's an Old Post I've read many Forums that people have post on even older than this one. That's Kind of irrelevant I would think but maybe not since 20 people replied about it being OLD.

The way Iook at is, What if someone comes along and see's this post and ask the question, "well why don't they?" It's still the same answer as it was in 2000. Because you can still get the same result then as you can today.

Even though Technology has improved, subs back in 2000 could still deliver and get down in the lower Frequencies. Still today you'll still need a lot of Power to reproduce the really low Freq.

• Klipsch Employees

you have to admire the effort given to letting you know.

Welcome to the forum Musick7, don't let these fuddyduddies give you a hard time.

You make some valid statements. What has changed in the world of subs is the size. The trend that sales right now is small.

We make some nice subs that are much smaller than the past. We still make the KW-120 *2 + KA-100 for big subs. We no longer make a 15" for home use. We would love to make big subs again, but no one buys them....well not enough buy them.

Thanks Trey.

Long ago when I worked at a Local Theater Store in Missouri, (Which has closed it's doors... I think the reason was I'm Old. LOL Nah He retired)

Our Main Product we Sold was Klipsch. And we Sold the Heck out of the KLF-20 But then the sad day came and Nsync started singing bye bye bye and the boss went and retired! See what you guys did!

Oh that's enough reminiscing about the days of the 20's. Well our main speaker Line was Klipsch thats not entirely True. We tried selling other Lines but when you went over and turned on a Klipsch system the Sale was finalized, To add to that, When all your guys have a passion for Audio and you give them something truly Beautiful and you don't have to Smother or talk up the item your selling to make it better, you end up with a Speaker that sells it's self. When you explain to people 1 watt will get them over 97dB. Well I don't have to tell you.

The one thing I Love about Klipsch Speakers.

If you have a Truly Awesome Recording, Klipsch Speakers will Reproduce a Phenomenal Sound. Bring in a Bad Recording and you'll know just how much the studio spent on that CD or Movie. That's the thing I Just Love about Klipsch Speakers. They Give you the intended audio reproduction of the movie.

I'm kicking myself now today when I had the chance to Purchase the Legend Series system with all my Christmas Klipsch Points from the year before If only I would've said it's only 300 more! But at least I have the Center Ch. KLF-C7 and for Front L/R & Surrond L/R 8" Bookshelves. So I do have 8" all around. LOL I'm afraid it's not timber matched oh and No Sub. But really you'd think it has one with the C7 for a center. I've had many people say Man Wheres the Sub at. I just smile and say, I don't. That's all Center Channel. =)

Thanks for the Welcome Trey,

Oh how I wish I lived in Hope. ARK. instead of Springfield.

PS.

I went to a local Store here that has a set of the new Palladium, Oh man I couldn't listen to my theater for about a week after that... I didn't want to be disappointed and wish in one hand and, Ah you get it. LOL

Times do change.

I'm now using the Epik Conquest subwoofer. An 18" driver in a big ported box. It's the best subwoofer that I've had, so far. It comes close, but it can't keep up with Klipschorns.

Now there is the Tuba HT horn loated sub. The 36" wide one should be worth a try.

There is also Danley Labs DTS-10. A tapped horn. This one has my attention.

• Like 1