I am so Bummed.

Mr. Blorry

I can't believe it. I just bought my gorgeous KLF 20s TWO DAYS ago, and my landlord has received so many complaints about the sound, that if she receives another, I will be asked to leave. She is dead serious. I will be evicted. Go ahead, laugh. That's what everybody at work did. The difference is, they don't have Klipsch speakers. Most of 'em have never even HEARD of Klipsch. Too bad. Their loss. I live in a condo, so the walls aren't paper thin; I can't even hear my neighbors. Problem is, my neighbors are two years older than dirt. Two old biddies, combined age at least a thousand. One is a bitter old bag. I had my lovelies running for LESS THAN 10 MINUTES before she rang my doorbell. I have yet to crank them, and won't be able to until I move out, which I have decided I will do in the next two months. The hell with this place. Now that I've finished ranting, here's my question: Since the two old biddies live on the same floor as myself, I'm guessing it's the bass that's rattling their doily-covered TV set when they're trying to watch Matlock or the Golden Girls. I have the spikes in place; the bass sure got much tighter when I did so! Should I remove the spikes? All I wanna do is listen to them, even if the amp is barely cracked open, but I'm afraid that even the slightest bass will wake them from their mid-afternoon naps. Should I go back to the little rubber feet? I have wall to wall berber carpet with lots of furniture, so it's fairly dead acoustically. Funny how my younger neighbor hasn't said a thing. I'm no kid myself, and I don't crank late at night,or even continuously, so these little blue-hairs must really HATE the rock and roll. I thought of CRANKING some Lawrence Welk, but they couldn't tell the difference through the walls. My landlord suggested headphones--HAHAHAHAHAHA! Now I gotta find a place in the sticks.....

HELP! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!

reminds of an elderly guy I had for a next door neighbor in a townhome in the early 80's.

I had a tendency to crank my new cornwalls when I(or we) got back from the bars Fri nites. he was cool though. he would attempt to retaliate the next am while I was hung-over/sleeping by cranking his Lawrence Welk LPs. fortunately his old RCA console just didn't have the same output. smile.gif

anyway, I think there are some platforms that seperate the speak from the floor (you'd have to take off the spikes of course. brightstar has some in granite.

------------------

RF-3 (front), RC-3, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-15 sub

Monsterbass 400 sub cables & Monster Z-12 speak wire

Sony de935 a/v receiver

Sony DVP-C650D dvdp

Sony Trinitron 27" tv

Technics dual cassette deck

Technics direct drive turntable

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

rock on!

So, for a quick fix, taking the spikes off, and letting them sit flat on the carpet? Maybe something like cardboard underneath? I was thinking about setting them on milk crates! They're strong enough, but the speaker won't be very stable, I guess. I'm gonna run 'em one way or the other!

not sure on just taking off the spikes, but that would take away the direct transfer to the floor some. I was talking vibration isolators (brightstar). but yea some absorbing platform would help, but u still have those darn bass waves hitting all over.

good luck on your move smile.gif

"two years older than dirt"really cracked my wife and I up.Townhouse and apts would not work for me,I DON"T LIKE ANYONE bothering me,so I live 800'from the main road on 4.5 acers.It's great.Tough it out till you get out.

Don't you just hate it when people say"Klipsch?"what's that?It really pisses me off when they say"Klips".That's even worse.

Tell your landlord that Klipsch doesn't make headphones.

Hey boa,I see you've been very busy,you've made"Freak".Congrats.

Mr.Blorry,I do have one problem where I live that I hate in a very big way.

The children down past us,about 600',have thump,thump car.That crap thumps into my house at times,but I stand it.

I don't get even with them,don't want to even come close to figuring out what's in my house.However they would need a lot of time and help to remove any of my stuff.

My 70 year old mother lives with us(we get along great)and she sleeps with "something"close by,and my wife is a 911 supervisor.Even if we get any complaints,we know all of the Law.

------------------

My Home Theater:

'77 Klipschorn L&R

'75 Heresy center,modified with,K-Horn sqauwker & AA network.

KSP-S6 at sides

2 IW-150s rear.

Denon AVR-3801

2 Denon POA-2800 200X2

1 driving the Horns

1 driving the bi-wired Heresy center.

All speakers set to"large".

2 DIY 12"4ohm subs,one in each corner(behind the Horns false walls)Carver A500x 400 watts per ch.feed.

1 12" powered sub(behind the couch)feed from the surrounds pre-outs.

Sony DVP-C650D.

Music in "Direct"only!

DH Labs T-14 speaker wire to the front 3.

Horns & Heresy bi-wired using Monster XPHP for the bass.

Stinger Queen interconnects.

thanks steve! pretty proud of where all my dumb questions & blind advice has gotten me smile.gif

------------------

RF-3 (front), RC-3, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-15 sub

Monsterbass 400 sub cables & Monster Z-12 speak wire

Sony de935 a/v receiver

Sony DVP-C650D dvdp

Sony Trinitron 27" tv

Technics dual cassette deck

Technics direct drive turntable

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

rock on!

Steve- Gold Hill, huh? I used to live in Charlotte! Moved to Rochester--long story. Plenty of open spaces out here in Upstae NY once you get away from the city area, so that's where I'm headed. As far away from these fossils as I can get. I think my closest neighbor was born in the Palezoic era. Older than the Coelacanth. Does my milk crates idea sound like a temp solution? Or is it too dangerous putting those monsters on a rickety surface?

My KG-3's in my bed room are on home made stands and come to think of it the bass doesn't really generate to the floor.They sound great and don't lack in bass at all.Didn't even think of that.

Yup,45 miles from Charlotte,12 miles from Salisbury.I'm here to stay.

Try the milk crate thing,they should stay put.

I have to admit, just reading this has me laughing my #&% off and holding my stomach. What a great read after a less than pleasant day...

I lived in an apartment when I bought my KG4s so can relate. Wasn't until I bought a house that I gained true freedom.

Good luck. I am still rolling on the floor. I might even show this one to my wife.

MM

quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Blorry:

Sell the KLF 20's for a pair of Bose? Over my dead body! (Which I'm sure the archaeological wonders living next to me would LOVE to see). I'm like a Tareyton smoker (showing my age here) I'd rather FIGHT than switch! Klipsch uber alles! Bose are for weenies
biggrin.gif

Whatever happens, just don't sell the klipsch.

Maybe it's time to think about a new appartment, why not a big flat in an industrial, empty construction (that's what I'm dreaming off: 100 square meters of solid cement floor, my klipsch scala, and a few modern paintings on the white walls...)??

Until you move, try pointing the speakers to the external wall, as someone told me horns speakers can easily "fire trough the walls". So your neighbours complaint is maybe not only about the bass...

Try to seal hermetically your door too, with some rubber tape (don't forget to open the window from time to time).

Good luck,

Frans

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to dredge up an old topic, but I was laughing hard with this! I bought my Forte IIs when I was in an apartment, little 700 sq ft thing, middle floor. I didn't have the aforementioned Q-tips living nearby, but I got two complaints for noise, one of which said, and this is a direct quote "The base on your stereo is too loud." Duh, that's why I got em! Off to a house I went. Now, after two additional moves (thanks to the Air Force) I now live on 1.25 acres, nearly in the sticks, and can crank to my heart's content! I love my Klipsch!

My drunk neighbor girl (party girl) is what drove me to Klipsch. Right before I moved I bought Legends and an LF 10 sub. At the time we lived in a duplex/townhouse. Anyway, are last month there my neighbor payed BIGTIME for the many nights she kept us up with her 10 yr. old rack system. She thought she new what omph was untill I went all out on a system of my own. I remember opening the door to get the mail while cranking some rock and hearing her screaming off the balkony "I'm home, I'm home, you can't play that like that, I'm home". I new she was there as just the night before we heard her going untill about 3:00 am so at 8:00am we started. She complained that the bass was shaking her whole place. That made me very happy. The people in 2 of the other buildings also complained so we just cranked the sub to max a kept the volume as loud as possible without causing the other neighbors any trouble.

We now live in a nice home and can still rock the neighbors but we try to be as polite as possible. Sometimes when that favorite song comes on or when a buddy comes over it goes UP but never for to long.

Maybe Seb's got a point, if it isn't late at night , Let them remember you.