I am so Bummed.

Mr. Blorry

check your lease

find out what nights the neighbors will be gone

find out when they go out on the week-ends

play music that they like

call the town and find out what the noise or disturbing the peice ordinance is

never play the music past the allowed time (11PM in most cities)

get the cheap Radio Shack SPL and make a record of the volumes inside and outside of your apartment at certain hours (every tweaking audiophile should have one anyway)

call legal aid and find out what your rights are

next time your landlord says something quietly let them know you are "looking into it"

never pay rent late or miss a payment

buy a really good pair of headphones

buy a house, no matter how small

sell it five to 10 years later and buy ...oops, off on a tangent!

smile.gif

GUESS WHAT!

I DID IT!!!

I got kicked out!!!

My landlady gave me 45 days to get out.

heh heh heh heh heh heh heh

All I did was watch a few flicks in surround sound (Speed, Gladiator, and T Heads Stop Making Sense)

I did put my KLF 20s on milk crates and backed them off the walls to reduce the bass (I'm such a nice guy), but I guess I reprogrammed the old bat's pacemaker one too many times.

OK. If any of you guys live in the metro Rochester, NY area, lemme know and maybe you know of a place. I work downtown, so I gotta get to work in a reasonable amt of time. DAMN! I was just going to my Klipsch dealer to pick up a center speaker. Gonna start with an RC-3. They allow upgrades within a year, and maybe they'd still have a C-7 lyin' around. What the hell. I might buy it anyway. heh heh heh heh heh...45 days...As Jack Nicholson said in Batman, "Wait'll they get a load of me." I think I'll push it right to the edge every night. They'll probably cheer when they see the speakers carried out of the condo!

Let this be a warning to any of you out there who have Klipsches and are living in close quarters with the living dead. If they whine enough, they get their wish. But they will pay. I will win. heh heh heh heh heh... cool.gif

klipsch definitely brings out the loud crowd biggrin.gif but i'd get the C-7 1st (before they're gone. the rc-3 is a major tonal mismatch to the klf speaks.

------------------

RF-3 (front), RC-3, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-15 sub

Monsterbass 400 sub cables & Monster Z-12 speak wire

Sony de935 a/v receiver

Sony DVP-C650D dvdp

Sony Trinitron 27" tv

Technics dual cassette deck

Technics direct drive turntable

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

rock on!

Well, I'm quite curious about how one does deal with this.

Back when I had my {hrumph-hack-choke) speakers, the volume was self-limiting. I mean, poor sensitivity aside, turn them up too loud and they just distort louder. I was never going to lose a lease that way.

Then I got the reference series, complete with RP-5s, meaning dueling subs. I notice that I listen to them at the same or higher volume settings, which is troublesome, since they're 10dB more sensitive than the {hrumph-hack-choke)s.

I was laying on the sofa the other day, reached down, and felt that the floor was shaking. Still not sure whether that was the subs or the downstairs neighbor beating on his ceiling to get me to turn it down a bit.

Well, now I try to keep it below an indicated 90dB on my SPL meter, and turn it down a lot after 10:00 PM. I just kind of worry. I mean, one time, the apt management let themselves into my apartment because the neighbors were complaining about my answering machine beeping.

These things are definitely gonna get me into trouble.

OK OK. I gotta know. What were the "hrmph hack chokes"? AND. I'll ask again. Anybody have any bad experience with Sound Distributors outta Las Vegas? I'm thinkin' about flyin' a check his way... I wonder now about Klipsch warranty--will they honor it, or do I take my chances? I'd really rather go with my local dealer, but the price is reasonable. The same price I've seen on ebay.

As far as I am concerned, Sound Distributors is a-ok. I bought my Denon POA-5200 from them and it arrived no problems. Good prices, sealed box, etc. I don't know how they handle Klipsch and any warranties, but so far (knock on wood) I have been pleased with my purchase. Hope it helps.

quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Blorry:

OK OK. I gotta know. What were the "hrmph hack chokes"?

Well, if I tell you, you're all going to laugh. Real hard and real loud, and some of you might even wet yourselves. And I'm gonna have to hold my head in shame and whenever I post, instead of saying "newbie" next to the post it'll say "schmuck." No one will ever take me seriously ever again, and civilization as we know it will come to an end.

Actually, they weren't that horrible. In fact, they sounded just great to me before I heard the RP-5s. Now they don't sound so good, although they'll probably see backup duty installed in my master bedroom.

Cerwin Vega? Polk? Bose? Radio Shack? Sony? Pioneer? Technics? K-Mart?

We're imagining the worst, ya might as well 'fess up... and we've all been there; I used to have a pair of Ohm C2, before that I had Electrovoice Interface A (weird little speakers, big woofer with a large, uh, phallic-like thingie sticking out of the front of the woofer for "mass loading", was a cylinder about 8 inches long a 2 inches in diameter where the dust cap would normally be...)

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Well guys even in Holland you have neighbours who don't like the sound of Klipsch. I turned my system a little above normal listening level, and the doorbell rang, it was during daytime. My neighbour, your starting to annoy me with your sound. They are going to move the day before they do I will watch a movie with a lot of bass in it and just to annoy them full blast let the painting fall of the walls. Thanks for the tip I will find out everything about noise levels in houses. biggrin.gif

Speaking of doorbells....

How about sacrificing one of the KLF-20's to the following project. Hide one of them above the ceiling in your neighbor's apartment and connect their doorbell to an attached amplifier. Maybe the ringer on their telephone as well. Then, after you've moved out, you'll have the pleasure of knowing your legacy lives on....

I am definitely not BobG

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAAAA!!!

This thread is soooooo good!!

It cracks me up every time, esp. Mr. Blorry's posts...

Expressions like "the liveing dead" and "readjusting their pacemakers" just make me laugh my head off!!!

It's ten minutes after I read the last post, and I'm still giggling...

"two years older than dirt"...

oh my God I've got to print this out and frame it...

BobG!

Where can I get such a cool Avatar as the one you have! ...or is that only for employees?? Concerning your post, and since I own "Legend" speakers, instead of it being my "legacy" as you put it, maybe the cranky old Wrinkle-monsters will remember me as the LOUD-*** "Legend" of Fairport. This is a small, sleepy village outside of Rochester, but NO ONE sleeps when I twist the volume knob! AH,HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

• Klipsch Employees

Boa12

I just don't know if I can like someone that puts Cornwalls in the rear of a system that does not have Khorns in the front.

I plan to be moving soon, you all have given me some more "house rules".

stay away from houses that are close together.

make sure all people close are 40 or less in years. ( or that they like it loud!)

and a few others....

I know its to late, but you can place the speakers on bike tubes not fully aired up.

like we used to do with turn tables...

(showing my age...yea I still have LP's)

------------------

Trey Cannon

Technical Support

Klipsch Audio Technologies

• Like 1

Trey-

No, it's never too late, 'cause the place I found is STILL in the city, and close to plenty of the non-Klipsched (although the volume of silver in their hair is far less) and I could still be asking for trouble if I really crank, but at least I'm the only resident in the building! Anyway, back to your advice...do you mean allowing the speakers to "float" on top of a semi-pneumatic surface? This will help cut back the bass? Hmmm....now that's an engineering challenge! How the hell does one configure that deal?

trey, stop by kc & look @ my listening room. it's the damn fireplace - as my house was designed by "silver hairs" in '57, i have no other choice biggrin.gif

if your new refs sound as good as they say then maybe i can fit them upfront to better match the corn rears (for now).

khorn fronts w/ corns in rear do fit into my

future dream system & HOUSE smile.gif

------------------

RF-3 (front), RC-3, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub

Monsterbass 400 sub cables & Monster Z-12 wire

Sony de935 a/v receiver

Sony DVP-C650D dvdp

Sony Trinitron 27" tv

Technics dual cassette deck

Technics direct drive turntable

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

rock on!

Mr. Blorry,

I think you should treat your lovely neighbors to a 2:00 AM session of KODO. You know, the track where they are whailing on the 6 foot drum! biggrin.gif

I wake my wife up (at 2:00 PM) with that one once in a while. I just crank up the LaScalas and she can feel the waterbed slosh to the beat! biggrin.gif

Ed

PS: Oh yeah, I ticked my neighbor off. She said she couldn't hear her Cher CD when she was in the same room with her stereo because we had our stereo playing too loud in the next house! biggrin.gif I love my LaScalas! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif