Best Death in a Movie

Jabez Scratch

Ah, yes, Scarface -- how I forget that one (shotgun from behind and drop into the fish pond).

Other personal favourites:

- Sean Connery in The Untouchables

- The drunk, hick pilot who crashes his jet into the mothership at the end of Independance Day was memorable (even if the rest of the movie was not)

- Elias in Platoon died w/ a lot of fireworks

- Spock in Star Trek II deserves an honourable mention -- very noble death for a hero (even though he was resurrected in the sequel)

You're right. Rollo was very good. Gee no one saw the murder coming or the setting for the post mortem pay back.

For its day, the scene in the first Indiana Jones movie when the ark is openned, and the bad guys start melting. Not bad.

Gil

----------------

On 9/10/2003 7:37:15 PM garymd wrote:

Terminator 1? or was it 2 when he was crushed in that compactor.

----------------

That was Terminator 1

In Terminator 2, both of the terminators were melted down in the big vat of molten steel. (which was also pretty awesome).

To add - on the topic of Terminator 2 - when the shape-****er terminator freezes in the liquid nitrogen and Arnold blows him away into little pieces with that classic line "Asta La Vista, Baby!". (Although the shape-shifter does "come back to life".)

How about in Total Recall when Arnold's "wife" gets one right sqaure in the forehead and Arnold says "Consider it a divorce!"?

Also at the end of Lethal Weapon 2, after that big gun-battle on the ship (of course, how can you forget the big cargo crate being dropped on that guy), when the South African diplomate holds up his ID and yells "Diplomatic Immunity", only to have Danny Glover put a bullet in the guy's head and say "Just Revoked!".

The end of "Gone in 60 seconds" when that dude takes a nice long plunge down and lands on the coffin he built.

This is a pretty morbid thread, though - at least it is only movies and not "real" deaths. 11.gif

Jabez Scratch,

The best DEATHs in movies are in the award winning,and acclaimed by critics movies RAMBO (as real as it gets),RAMBO 2(the return of real zero),Rambo 3(I am a real actor,serious) and Rambo 4 (give us our spy plane back or else)

When Rambo shoots anyone who is against democracy and does not earn the mighy $

Glorious

----------------

On 9/10/2003 8:05:29 PM William F. Gil McDermott wrote:

For its day, the scene in the first Indiana Jones movie when the ark is openned, and the bad guys start melting. Not bad.

Gil

----------------

I immediately thought of that one too!

I saw the Godfather when I was 13. Those deaths were pretty memorable. :-)

----------------

On 9/10/2003 12:14:55 AM fini wrote:

Anything with Kevin Kostner.

fini

(not a big fan of his acting)

----------------

Speaking of fini's favorite actor 9.gif, Kevin Costner had a memorable death scene in A Perfect World. Not just the final scene where the FBI sniper takes him out, technically it starts where the boy shoots him in the farm house. Is Butch Haynes (Costner) a good guy, or a bad guy? A victim of improper upbringing? Gets you to thinking in a Slingblade sort of way.

-

As for one of the goriest death scenes ever: Dead Alive has to take the cake. At the end of the movie when Lionel takes out the zombies with a lawnmower they must have had to haul in the fake blood in 55 gallon drums! 11.gif All of you Lord of the Ring fans out there who are just familiarizing yourself with Peter Jackson's films should check out Dead Alive, just make sure you have a sense of humor and a few barf bags handy for your weak-stomached friends. 3.gif Now, where did that Sumatran rat-monkey get to?

----------------

On 9/11/2003 12:41:53 PM DLUngurait wrote:

Slim Picken's character (B-52 Pilot) in Kubrick's "Dr. Strangelove: Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Bomb". In order to release his A-Bomb he sits on it and rides it like a bucking bronco down to it's target while waving his cowboy hat and yelling "WaHOOOOO....."

----------------

That was awesome I loved how he was waving his hat...yelling .....Great on DVD

When Tom Hanks kills Paul Newman in Road to Perdition

When the T-REX eats the dude sitting on the toilet in Jurassic Park

The opening of the movie Cube where the guy gets 'cubed'. (Repeated in Resident Evil)

When the guy gets his still beating heart ripped out in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Mel Gibson's death in Braveheart