OK my question is that what are the best klipsch has to offer for a 5.1

white wolf

----------------

On 9/11/2003 9:25:56 PM Ou8thisSN wrote:

dude, do your own damn research. If you were a serious audiophile, you wouldnt be asking the idiotic questions you are asking. My advice to everyone else, ignore this loser, he sounds like he neither has time, money, taste nor knowledge. I ask the mods to close this thread.

----------------

Not a very friendly response, there. A little extreme, if you ask me.

fini

this is a brilliant forum and there are good people like Justin and a very helpful guy who solved my problem who is Frzninvt. Great people like dougdrake,DrWho,ygmn,chinoloco,skonopa and more but there are these Termite like Nuance factors too like Ou8thisSN.

Look at this IDIOT named " Ou8thisSN " whats your problem . do you have some kind of Pain in you AS3 i guess Yes. BIg time. I know whats your probleem since i am asking for the best system for 5.1 and i can afford it easily no big deal for me and i am not making a big issue about it and i guess you cant even afford them and you are getting so much jealous that you are taking it out in this thread. Sorry man but i already ordered the heritage. all 4 front and rear so Fu#K off. and go and commit a suicide because you are a loser who envys my success and whoever gets the horn because you and your family cant even think about it Sucker.

----------------

On 9/11/2003 9:25:56 PM Ou8thisSN wrote:

dude, do your own damn research. If you were a serious audiophile, you wouldnt be asking the idiotic questions you are asking. My advice to everyone else, ignore this loser, he sounds like he neither has time, money, taste nor knowledge. I ask the mods to close this thread.

----------------

Hmm to me it doesn't sound like trolling with the old 'open checkbook' start most n00bs give. I think he just has the resources financially and knows his resources to use to find out how to make his wallet work best :)

As a matter of fact I knew a guy who volunteered to go to Pakistan to do some type of network support....he emailed be a 'i want the best ....", he got flamed as a 'towel head who needs to beg for some ' on some board hehehehe.

They were paying him a ton of cash + paying all his expenses, he was making the equivalent of $120k+ USD per year, was only 19 (I think) and no college at all....I lost contact, I wanted to find out what he is up to now, it's been about 10 years now, I wouldn't be surprized if he was a millionaire.

I am working on a Bronco build up and got some of the same replies...sure it's an older truck (1996) but my father likes it and sold his brand new Tundra to buy it. He is dumping almost $10k into the build up....most of the replies have been 'if money was not an object why not an Escalade?'...the same thing here....we were once out on his boat and the engine died...he was on the cell to have it replaced the following monday ($10,000)...maybe someday I can do it too :(

Good luck on your choices, the reference is a 2nd sure, but almost any of the Klipsch lineups will give you nothing but quality....people ask me where my sub is at for my Quartets, but I personally want one or two (maybe as ends of a coffee table that can also mix drinks while you watch movies).

the way he types, he sure isnt american, or western. He types like "Apu", you know, broken english, grammar, etc. It just seems strange to me to just blindly come on a board, and ask "whats the best" and based on a few posts, someone would spend close to $60,000 blindly, without knowning what it looks like, what its composed of, or even what it sounds like. He doesnt even know how many speakers are in a home theater! "I have a 7.1 with 2 sets of front speakers" yeah, because as we all know, 7.1 systems have 2 sets of fronts, 1 center and 1 rear.

thats clue one, then he says " u ssaid that horns if you have corners what does that mean. what horn and what corners.i am clear about your front and center recommendation but cant figure out what u said about rear. there shoudl we a pair of rear speakers so which are the best." Not only does he not read the posts but doesnt know what corners or horns or any of that have to do with Klipsch. hmm.. for someone who knows Klipsch is the best, sure doesnt know What makes Klipsch the best, nor cares. Then when its hammered into his head, he finally says "thanks a lot man. Now i got it. SO the best thing is the khorn in front and in the rear and a belle in the center. Excellent pretty simple too. i will order these speakers. whats like the price range for brand new and can you give a brief expalanation of your experience when you heared the khorn. what do u feel. how superior are they. when did you first heard them." That tells me he doesnt know anything about klipsch or even how much khorns cost, or anything. Then when I call him out on it, within 2 posts and 1 day, he's figured it all out folks! he's found a dealer, In Paklstan, mind you, that will sell him these speakers, for a price he still doesnt know of. What is the point in asking the price of something if money is no object for you. So you shouldnt care if it costs $10 or $1,000,000. SO thats a moot point. All these factors led to my opinion about his true intensions.

Hey Frzninvt and all the other helpful people around here thanks a lot for helping me because i am finally gettting towards my goal.

Yesterday i ordered the Khorn pair and backordered the other pair because i needed your advice. My vendor told me that the Khorn has a fuse problem have you guys came across it.

Moreover he is selling me the Horns for 5800 $ a pair. Is that price ok. I have ordered one pair anyway. Moreover he persuaded me to get Belle because he has them but i told him that i just need it for the center.

I would be glad if one of you can tell me how good the Khorn sound in reference with the KLF-30 because i have the KLF.

Moreover i am having my new room contructed in a month.I mean that they are making it at the moment and they are gonna complete it in a month so can you advice me on the room too. Its basically a bedroom . The size is 27 X 15 Feet.Keep in mind that i have to keep a bed in it. My com etc. Its not just a room for home theater.I am avoiding Glass in my room because they vibrate. My engineer was making two windows of 6 X 5 Feet but i told him just to make one because of the vibration. can you guys recommend things like that so i can tell my engineer to modify my room.

my room length is 27Feet and 15 in width.

Looking forward to your replies.

Khorns retail for $7500 US, so yes $5800 is a good price for a new pair. The Belle's will sound the same as the Khorn but the bass will not extend as low, but they do not need to be corner loaded.

The KLF-30 is a great speaker, but is no comparison to the Klipschorn. The Heritage speakers feature horn-loaded bass drivers which result in tight solid distortion free bass response, the only exception is the Heresy II. The KLF-30 will not have the same tonal quality as the Heritage series speakers. It is still a fantastic speaker though, but not in the same league as the Klipschorn.

I would not use the 30's in conjunction with the Heritage speakers in the same HT, if anything I would use them in another room in a 2-channel system if you intend to buy a pair. Reason being is they are not a good timbre match for Heritage series speakers.

Pretty amazing that you were able to find a Klipsch dealer in Pakistan that could get you Heritage speakers. I have heard nothing about a fuse problem and I certainly would not worry about it, I would put in a bigger fuse value, you are not going to hurt them. They can take the power of my DBX BX-1 Reference Amplifier that is conservatively rated at 400W per channel and the louder they get the cleaner and more detailed the response is. I have owned many speakers prior to the Klipsch (Cerwin Vega D-8's, Bose 601-III's, Polk Audio RTA-12C's) and they did not even come close. You will pass the speakers on to your children 30 years from now and they will work like the first day you set them up.

You will certainly NOT be disappointed.

Thanks a lot but you missed out on the following issue:

Moreover i am having my new room contructed in a month.I mean that they are making it at the moment and they are gonna complete it in a month so can you advice me on the room too. Its basically a bedroom . The size is 27 X 15 Feet.Keep in mind that i have to keep a bed in it. My com etc. Its not just a room for home theater.I am avoiding Glass in my room because they vibrate. My engineer was making two windows of 6 X 5 Feet but i told him just to make one because of the vibration. can you guys recommend things like that so i can tell my engineer to modify my room. And are the Khorns OK FOR SUCH A ROOM SIZE.

my room length is 27Feet and 15 in width.

Qman's HT may give you some inspiration.

Here are some things to consider

* Don't forget to look at the used market although I don't know how expensive shipping from say the US to Pakastan would be. Used Belles and KHorns sell for ~$2K a pair. LaScalas around $1k/pr and they sound very similar to Belles.

* You can make false corners for the KHorns (as Qman did).

* Your surround speakers for HT are recommended to be up high...you could even invert a Belle or LaScala for surrounds and mount them up high on the wall.

* You have a very deep room vs wide (assuming you put the screen on the short wall). You might benefit from having speakers along the side wall as well as one or two on the back wall for 6.1 or 7.1.

* PWK liked the long wall with Belle in center. I don't know if 27' is too wide so I ask the long wall crowd...the 2-channel board has folks that use 2 KHorns and a Belle in center for music..they might help. If you go long wall you won't be able to get the surrounds behind you..just to the side which is ok...I like the short wall idea with 6 or 7 speakers.

* If you go short wall then the KHORNS placed in corners will fire and intersect cloer to the front wall than middle or rear...this may be a reason for false corners as Qman has done so they fire more towards the mid-to-rear part of the room where you will sit.

* Ask the SVS people for help with a sub solution. They can be reached diretly on-line and will help. The new big box is great, dual cylinders are another option. You can even stack the duals as done by HornEd on this site.

* You need a drawing if you want more specific feedback from this board. It really helps if you could attached a proposed layout with your bed, window, etc.

* For HT electronics I like the following:

** Processors: Lexicon, Meridian, (perhaps even KRELL) followed by Parasound HALO, Cary, and Anthem. There is a potentially wonderful $2500 pre-pro coming from AV123.com called Emotiva and a $1500 matching multi-channel amp. I assume you aren't looking a higher dollar items like Mark Levinson.

*** Amps: You may want to match the pre/pro or look at THETA, BAT, etc. The magazines can give you lot's of recommended components in this space. KHorns don't need the power of cone speakers. For music many use 3.5watt tube amps so there may be some other options.

* don't forget a lighting plan

* you could apply some room treatment to improve the acoustics

* Since you are using a Belle center I assume you have a screen and projector for display.

* etc. etc.

post-10144-13819249103788_thumb.jpg

The 7 Klipsch RF7 theater is very popular. Do a search for HornEd's description of this setup. These speakers are a lot narrower and if you are buying new they are a lot cheaper (~$2k/pr MSRP US). You could also use their other format surrounds and center but then that might not be as good as 7 RF7's according to HornEd.

ok here is the image of my room. Keep in mind that the place of the bathroom . the storing area are fixed and cannot be changed. THe bed is in the best position . we have to keep it a bit tilted because we cant keep it straight towards the doors due to less space.THe room is long in length which is 27 Feet and 15 Feet Wide. There is this window too in the left . THe place where i kept the tv in the image is the best i guess. There is no other good space. I neeed all your recommendations as to what u guys suggest.

post-9644-13819249104258_thumb.jpg