topic naming

Trey Cannon

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, you are a MODERATOR - that means you could have changed it.

Obviously, I was not trying to cause trouble and you nuked a post that was of interest to people here.

You could have changed the name of the thread and talked to me or the rest of the forum about it. I would have been more than happy to comply with your requests.

----------------

On 9/10/2003 7:12:05 PM garymd wrote:

I for one agree with the moderator. Ken - Although you probably didn't see, the title of your topic was discussed in another thread. I was also sorry to see the thread taken away but if that's what it takes to make a point....
----------------

Yes, I agree with th mod, but because it was a real post, I think he should have changed the word in question, posted this post, and e-mailed me about it.

Ken

I agree with Trey also. All too often your Topic titles have been offensive.

It is pointless to attempt to " shock " your forum mates into reading your posts. If the post is worth reading it will be read and responded to.

FWIW - I have taken to Not Reading threads that have titles clearly aimed at stirring up divisions amongst us.

My advice : If you have a point to make do so but keep a civil tongue in your head.

I also agree that the best course of action is to delete the thread, or whatever pleases the owners of the site. It is tough but fair.

Now, complete censorship may seem harsh. But otherwise, our good hosts would have to examine and edit. That is more than should be expected as reasonable.

There were some odd computer operated aspects. For example, I wanted to talk about a subject which was mentioned by PWK. Room t r e a t m e n t. That latter word contains a vulgarity but is otherwise quite innocent. The bbs wouldn't take it without spaces.

Perhaps there is a lesson. If we're not polite, the machines will rise to block communication of normal subjects.

Smile,

Gil

----------------

On 9/10/2003 5:42:38 PM trey cannon wrote:

Please name your topics like you would talk to your mother.

----------------

You don't know my mother!

Just kidding! I agree. Best to use medical or scientific terms. Latin's good.

fini

TE DEUM Patrem ingenitum, te Filium unigenitum, te Spiritum Sanctum Paraclitum, sanctam et individuam Trinitatem, toto corde et ore confitemur, laudamus, atque benedicimus: tibi gloria in saecula.

Great idea fini!

Mrvel

----------------

On 9/11/2003 12:08:46 PM Marvel wrote:

TE DEUM Patrem ingenitum, te Filium unigenitum, te Spiritum Sanctum Paraclitum, sanctam et individuam Trinitatem, toto corde et ore confitemur, laudamus, atque benedicimus: tibi gloria in saecula.

Great idea fini!

Mrvel
----------------

Does that mean it's OK to talk dirty in Esperanto? 9.gif

To save you the trouble:

O GOD, unbegotten Father, only-begotten Son, Holy Spirit and Comforter, holy and undivided Trinity, with our whole heart and lips we confess Thee, we praise Thee, and we bless Thee. To Thee be glory forever.

Perhaps something to remember on this day of remembrance.

Marvel

----------------

On 9/10/2003 8:37:13 PM lynnm wrote:

Ken

I agree with Trey also. All too often your Topic titles have been offensive.

It is pointless to attempt to " shock " your forum mates into reading your posts. If the post is worth reading it will be read and responded to.

FWIW - I have taken to Not Reading threads that have titles clearly aimed at stirring up divisions amongst us.

My advice : If you have a point to make do so but keep a civil tongue in your head.
----------------

You are reading too deep into this - this isn't a political debate or a persuasive paper, this is a internet forum, I don't spend long nights plotting a 'shocking' title.2.gif I think you are taking this place WAY too seriously, everything I post is there for a reason, and those reasons are NOT to start a flame war.

I don't recall using the word in question. If so, link.

I never swear in a 'bad' manner as in cussing out someone.

I am annoyed because Trey never contacted me and he just nuked the post and that was that. I love this forum and would more than happy to have complied with his requests, but that never came to be. It's not my forum and Klipsch makes the rules, but in this case, no one told me 'how to play by the rules' and I had to figure it out myself.