Sorry fellas...

deansgirl

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its unfortunate that you feel it has to be an all-or-nothing affair. Does Dean have other hobbies that take up additional time? If not, can a person not even have ONE hobby that they are passionate about? I do at least as much holding of screaming babies as their mother. She thinks my obsession with "silly speakers and silver boxes" is silly but understands it is important to me. Because of this understanding I have no problem showing her the same consideration ...

Yea guys lets get her sucked in and spending all her time here while Dean takes care of the Kids and watches her play with his old Hobby !! I think it would be a kick 1.gif

While I think this entrance and announcement by ones spouse is maybe a little out of place somehow ! I believe Dean put her up to it himself for his own good. I bet this was indeed Deans Idea as much as hers. I know he has been feeling really burned out with all of " this Gear is better than that gear stuff " He just wants to spend what free time he has listening to music. Dean does not have allot of free time actually since he works his regular job during the week and two 12 hours shifts on the weekend. So maybe he just needs a break !

I know one thing I better here from the loon thru email and are fun conversations on the weekend when its not biting into Debbie and the kids time. I would hate to have to drive down to Ohio and kick the turkeys butt !!

Craig

Hi Debbie,

I hope you are still reading this thread. I have the same stuggle in my family. You are right, and Dean is also, to expect that his highest priority is his marriage. After all, the two of you are partners for life. Those matters of highest importance cannot stand neglect too long without consequences. I think you have said some difficult things in a creative, humorous and gracious way. Probably a reflection of why Dean picked you to marry. (and of course why he is lucky to still have you)

I'm glad you are kicking him out the forum instead of kicking him out of the house! 9.gif

My hope, and my prayer, too, is that you and Dean will have a season of being centered and recovering of balance. Audio addiction, could be something that would ultimately mean, no more contact on the Klipsch forum. I hope that this will be something that Dean will be o.k. to come back to (in healthy moderation) at some point. It sure has been fun having him around I've learned alot from his experience, too.

Thanks for posting.

Best regards and blessings to you and Dean.

Dee

Hello Debbie:

I would like to add something further.

As you can see from my posts, I own a good deal of equipment. My wife is patient about that, as one other that posted stated she knows where I am.

Her hobbies that I work around are sewing. She is a qualified seamstess. She worked with Harriett and my sister-in-law sewing the authentic costuming for "North and South." So at times I have had pants, shirts, jackets all here for sewing.

So, with that being only one of her hobbies, we do compromise. We do a number of things together, although she is reticent to attend Departmental or Agency retirement Dinners. She's been connected with our local PD but shies away from rank or other Departments or Agencies beyond our local level, so I go to the dinners alone. She has the friends night out.

At some point she may come on but so far she's been content to lurk. She did meet one of the other forum members as we went to Baltimore and back in one day. She said she really had a nice time.

So as I mentioned before, there could be the possibility of coming on together, unless Dean is tired of it also.

But we pretty much are like a family here. Even Allan has taken my busting his chops. We're the type that can have disagreements between ourselves, but if justified we will support each other. I would support Allan and I believe I would have his support, the same with Kelly, one of the extremely knowledgable and talented on the Forum.

So while you think, consider yourself adopted. If Dean loves you, that's what counts. I have a high respect for Dean, he has helped many.

I understand a part of your feeling because my wife hates it because an audio friend and I can have a conversation for four (4) or Five (5) minutes and only mention model numbers. She can do the same talking about sewing.

So I guess I wanted to show you the dynamics of another audio enthusiast's house. The differing factor is we have no children.

But take the time to drop back with Dean once in a while, we won't bite. Dean will see to that.

My best regards for your thoughts and position and a sound of being open.

Take Care and as I asked please give Dean my regards.

My Best to the both of you,

Win dodger

I see two interesting extreme options for Debbie:

1. Put Dean to work with the kids so she can take over for him on this forum....Craig, that is a great idea. I'm sure she would come up to speed quickly playing with Dean's gear and posting her thoughts....Debbie, please let us know your opinion of the new HONK KONG "ying yang flim flam" or whatever it was called pre-amp. It seems like a great value.

2. She could start a revolution by getting other wives on board with this no more Klipsch Forum initiative. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to rally support. I think my wife could have written the same first post she did.

Hopefully we can all find moderation and balance between our "free time", "work time" and "family responsibilities". The core problem seems to be letting "free time" activities take time from the other two. If we spend all our free time on forum in a balanced model then everyone should be happy....you may call us forum geeks but everyone needs x amount of free time.

Here we go - a wives forum - where they can ***** about the amount of tie spent on line and the amount $pent.

Then there is the room we take up - and all that noise - and never there when you need him - and...

I'm going to bed - the sanctuary has been breached - every man for himself - man the lifeboats - red alert - battle stations - captain to bridge - Green you go that way etc. etc.

I am happily married with two wonderful children. I have read the thread and feel Daddydee and Dodger gave some accurate advice.

I am a novice compared to many members of the Forum, and although I would like to, I have never met any of them. But what the "Experienced" ones, the ones who know first hand, the ones who have been around, HAVE given me, is information I could not have found in an owners manual or a magazine. You can't ask a history book how it felt for a soldier when he came home from war. At the same time you cannot ask an owners manual how a certain pair of Klipsch speakers sound with a certain reciever, in a certain room, with certain cables, with a certain future amplifier uprade compared to a certain...............These are the questions that can only be answered by people who know.

Again Daddydee and Dodger are right on. I don't know them, just agreed with what they wrote.

The Lord knows if I spent anymore time on the net I'd be doing my family an injustice. Its a balance, but I never forget Family comes first.

It is interesting how a little controversy brings out both the best and the worst in people. 6.gif

This is really just a ruse. Dean got up this morning, snickering about this post he wanted me to come up with and post on your forum. I agreed, thinking it would be a hoot and spent some time (when I should have been taking care of my kids!) coming up with a stereotypical, yet realistic, post.

I must apologize to all of you, not only to those whose feathers I ruffled, but also to those who took the time to share their compassionate words and their own experiences.

I really didn't expect such passionate responses. I did open myself up to attack (should've put on my asbestos suit, huh Allan? OK, I'm going, really!), so I can hardly complain about the flames, however, I feel really bad that so many of you put so much effort into helping me understand the unique brotherhood this forum facilitates, when, in truth, I already did. 15.gif

Dean, on the other hand, being the sensitive type that he is, has been laughing about it all day. 9.gif

I hope you can take the joke in the spirit it was intended, and accept my apology for barging in on your day.

*We now return to our regular programming*

Being online a lot, like on this forum, counld get you neglect on your kids, now how would i know!

I am in deep sympaththy, not paying attention more to my children, like i did on this forum!

When we get the children back, i myself am ganna hit the door, maybe check in, this goes to my freinds on the IM to, i just will no longer have the time!

Proirity #1 is my children, im always checking my mail, so when we get them back home, an e-mail would be the way to go so im not stuck online for 3-9 hours!

Im not loosing my children again!

Makes perfect sence to me, Dean has a wife and children, as much as hes been here his wife like mine did it all!

Regards Jim9.gif