Klipsch 5.1 available July 1st, 2001

skim

Yeah.. on top. Magnetically shielded so it won't bother the monitor.

------------------

1GHz TBird

Abit KT7A-RAID

Kingmax 256MB PC150

Annihilator2 32MB GT§

Intel Pro100+Management NIC

Promise Ultra100

IBM 75GXP 45GB ATA100 Maxtor DMP6800 27.2GB ATA66

Plextor 16X10X40A §ony 12X DVD

§BLive! 5.1

AOpen HX08 Full Tower 300W

§ony CPD-G400 19" Triny

ProMedia 4.1

I kinda have wondered the same thing since 5.1 systems first start coming out. I'm glad that pic was big, I couldn't tell that that little thing was the control tower on the pic on gamespot's site. I guess you put it either next to the top or on top like it is in that that or on top of the sub. In my house I have a similar setup. I have in each of the front corners and each of the back corners, then I have the center speaker on top of the TV, which is against the center of the front wall. I keep changing my mind about the subs. Sometimes I have one on each side of the tv. Sometimes I put them against the back wall.

I was kinda surprised that the center channel was exactly like the other sattelites. But since the rear channel looks different, that's cool. Maybe you need stand for the rear speakers as well as the center.

This message has been edited by Sonic98 on 05-24-2001 at 02:38 PM

The centre channel is almost idential to the sats. Klipsch probably had to do this to keep the price point down. Also the control mod looks weired. Any how this system to too expensive, and it sub is nothing impressive. I say to all of you that own the 4.1's you should be happy, and this 5.1 setup is nothing special.

I totaly agree, spending 299 for the 4.1's is a heck of a lot of money for computer speakers. When i told people they were like, why the hell would you spend that much on computer speakers? So the 5.1's are out of the questions, just buy a HT setup, or use the money to start a good one.

Keep in mind they are adding 40 watts to the sub, and 1.5 inches to the diameter of the drivers, I think this is enough to justify the price, even if you don't agree with me. The sub may actually be a true subwoofer this time, but that is hard to do with 3 inch midrange drivers.

quote:

Originally posted by Quistes:

I totaly agree, spending 299 for the 4.1's is a heck of a lot of money for computer speakers. When i told people they were like, why the hell would you spend that much on computer speakers? So the 5.1's are out of the questions, just buy a HT setup, or use the money to start a good one.

Well if you spent that much on the 4.1, then the price should be ok for the 5.1 if you don't have 4.1 already.

klipsch redesign of the control pod is really unique in a way...allowing you to adjust the four main channels <front, rear, center and subwoofer>.

Has anyone thought up of a 7.2 setup

using the original subwoofer from the 5.1 as the "front sub" and using the 2.1 speakers for "rear" support and the sub for rear positioning.

although it does sound like too much im just curious if it is possible. can the new Hercules Game Theatre Xp or even the Philips AE handle that many channels?

Let me know what you guys think!

Wavey.gif

klipsch_control_pod.jpg

This message has been edited by skim on 05-28-2001 at 03:45 AM

• 3 weeks later...