HK 525 OK with these Klipsch?

Art D

I'm considering a new home A/V receiver, and I'm alittle smitten with the Harmon Kardon 525. It provides 85Wx2 in stereo, or 70w x 7 channels.

I'll be hooking up to this Klipsch arrangement:

KSF-1's for front R+L

KSC-1 Center channel

KSB 1.1's for rear R+L

and a 10" Yamaha sub (sorry :-))

While my speakers are all rated to handle at least "70 watts", my question concerns the very high current output of the HK. It is rated as follows:

High Instantaneous Current Capability (HCC): ±45 Amps.

This is much higher than most other receiver/amps of the same power rating.

In reference to the high current level, is this still an OK match-up for the Klipsch speakers mentioned above?

thanks,

art

Yes, yes, yes. I upgraded my system with the AVR 525 and moved my Yamaha 1300 upstairs primarily because the higher current contributes to the resulting warmer sound you get from Klipschs. Best move (except for my SVS) I have made to date. Go with an AVR 525, you will not be disappoingted. Just my two cents worth.

---------------------------------------------------

Harmon Kardon AVR 525

Mains: RF3II

Center: RC35

Surround: RS35

Rear: KLF-C7

SVS 20-39PCi

HSU VTF-2

10.gif10.gif

----------------

On 9/14/2003 12:09:12 PM Jaq wrote:

I tested the HK's 525 a/v receiver at a shop and found it to feel light in the plastics, cheap buttons and panels. Although it sounded better than any of the receivers they had to compare.

Have you found any problem with this?

Thanks!

----------------

Not yet. I have not had my 525 for that long, but I would agree that the front of the unit leans heavier on the plastic knobs and display than some of my previous receivers (including my Yamaha 1300). That being said, its the sound that counts. A supposed "70 watt X 8" receiver that weighs almost 50 pounds? Its what inside that counts. I love the sound with Klipschs. 1.gif And this receiver cranks loud for extended periods of time without missing a beat.

I will post if I encounter any problems in the future.