no digital input on 5.1 system?

I was looking at the pics and reading some of the press releases and it seems that the new 5.1 system doesn't have a digital input. that is kinda sad. It apparently from what I've seen only has 6 analog inputs. I guess us SB live owners will have to buy splitters for it to get all the lines connected. Am I wrong here, if so please correct me.

Michael

Does anyone know which sound card out there has the capability to decode the digital 5.1 sound and can be hooked up directly to the Promedia 5.1 speakers? Can all of those so-called 5.1 sound cards (e.g. SB Live! 5.1 or Philips Acoustic Edge 5.1) do the job? Or, should I still buy one of those digital decoder boxes/splitters for optimal performance.

Thanks!

I know that speakers are analog, the reason I'm upset that there is no digital input is that from what I understand you need 6 cables going from the computer to the speakers, at least it says 6 analog inputs on what I read whereas if it had a digital input it would just be 1 wire. Also my soundblaster live 5.1 only has a front and rear out...although suspiciously it has another place towards the tope that has the number 3 by it which would indicate it could take a speaker...or maybe it's just a line in. That is what concerns me.

Thanks for your time.

michael

Listen you guys, if you make the investment into a reciever or amp you will be very happy in the long run. See all you do is hook it up to your sound card. This wat you can get kick *** speakers, and not have to worry about PC speakers. HEck if you like Klisch so much get there bookshelf speakers.

Yes.. it will work Justin.. you will just need to see what kind of connector the Pros will have If they are together.. you might not need an adapter.. if they are seperate then you will need an adapter to split the center/sub output of the sound card into its spereate channels so you end up with 2 seperate connecters

Get in touch with me if you need more info.

Paradigm: anyone who reads the board knows you are for the actual HTS instead of Pros. YES... HTS is much better if you get good equip but will cost much more. Also.. a lot of the times.. Pros are just more practical

Also.. The Pros are real speakers - I can certainly touch them and they do make noise. Surly.. I don't know anyone who wouldn't want a true HTS - I would love to have my Bro's system.. but I cant imagine spending around 10k on one at this point in time.

Can you imagine whole bookshelf speakers next to my monitor? LOL.. sheesh.. I hardly have room to move in my room.

Cheers.. ~~

------------------

1GHz TBird

Abit KT7A-RAID

Kingmax 256MB PC150 256MB PC133 Infinion

Annihilator2 32MB GT§

Intel Pro100+Management NIC

Promise Ultra100

IBM 75GXP 45GB ATA100 Maxtor DMP6800 27.2GB ATA66

Plextor 16X10X40A §ony 12X DVD

§BLive! 5.1

AOpen HX08 Full Tower 300W