To 4.1 or 5.1 that is the question.

farout

I've just ordered a kick*** computer and I don't know if I should Wait 3 weeks for the 5.1 or go with the 4.1s. Will be gaming mostly but also will DVD on occations. Room size 15'x13' 11' ceiling . I already have a very good HT set-up in the den. Two 8" subs sound very tempting to wait for!

Computer set-up: 1.33ghz T-bird 266, 512mb DDR2100, 60 gig HD, 16x10x40 Plextor cd-rw, 16x a-open dvd, SB Live 5.1 Platinum, Livedrive IR, Leadtek GeForce3 64DDR, 22" Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2060u. Any suggestions Very Welcome!!!

Why do people post their computers on bb's, no one cares about the setup, and it's ot from speakers. If you have a very good ht set-up, you should know enough about speakers to make your own decision on what to buy. The 8" will give lower bass, and just might give more accuracy since they are the right size for the job they are trying to do this time, instead of 6.5". Since it sounds like you want the very best, I'd recommend a 2nd harddrive for RAID, a 72x kenwood cdrom, a realmagic holywood plus decoder, and Klipsch 5.1.

No, you DON'T want a hardware DVD decoder card!

But that's one HELL of a setup you got there!

Btrigg, be nice!

Hmmm...

Lessee...

if you want to upgrade THAT, you can sell the sblive and the livedrive, and get a Hercules Game Theatre XP. It comes with PowerDVD, which is a good thing...

But be sure to get the 5.1's!

And also, when WinDVD 3.0 comes out, get that, so you can have DTS...

Hmmm. One thing that your computer is missing is headphones.

IF you decide to get the Game Theatre XP (it has an AWESOME headphone jack, and sounds better than the sblive, and doesn't have as much bloatware), you may wanna get some...

Go for the Grado SR-325's, at headphone.com

Hmmm. I don't really see anything that you DON'T have...Wow....that's one hell of a setup...

------------------

"Feh."

I have the Creative DXR3 Decoder, it has AC3/DTS out or soundblaster live passthrough, it has never been out of sync, and delivers a beautiful picture to my 32 inch Television, don't know what crack yer smoking?

tom

PS the DXR3 is the RealMagic, i know, cuz i use the RealMagic drivers Smile.gif