Dvd Review: Moody Blues Concert 2000

roy

Anyone who is a Moody BLues lover or just can appreciate a really great sounding music dvd concert like me will love this one!! the quality is really tight and clean! the dvd makes great use of all the surround speakers...something that some music concert dvd producers do not do. Also, the dvd here is in 5.0 surround but in dts...i thought this was odd but thats what it says when you are doing the audio setup before playing the concert....the sound quality again is excellent i thought as far as the intrumentation and there is a whole orchestra accompanying the band in this concert which was done in England last year in May i believe.....you may find that you like this concerts sound quality better than a cd that you may have of the moody blues..if so proceed to select the 2 channel sound track on the dvd and copy onto your fav cassette or like i do a minidisc for taking it with me in the car!! i am gonna give this dvd an A- only because the voices of the singers were slightly pushed too far in the background...but that might be the soundtracks mixer and producers doing and not the dvds manufacturing comapnies fault!!

------------------

my equipment:

klipsch rf-3 (main)

klipsch center ch speaker

boston acoustics (rear)

mirage ss-1500 subwoofer

yamaha 795 receiver driving center and rears parasound hca-1500 amp

driving rf-3s

mirage subwoofer 1500 watts!

sony 650 dvd/cd player

sony minidisc/cd player combo

panasonic hifi vcr

waiting to see what new reference line will sound like in 2001!!

Roy, In 1978 I saw the Moodys on their "Octave" tour. The next day I toured the Klipsch factory. This was two of the most memorable days of my life. I've seen the DVD you're refering to in stores but havn't watched it yet. It is as good as "The Moody Blues at Red Rocks"? This is a fine show to.

i just got moody blues-@albert hall... haven't seen the whole thing, but lead vocals VERY weak, i just saw them in concert, and they sounded better, more to follow.. yes@house of blues!! a MUST!! for yes/BIG concert sound,just like being there on my klf 30's!!avman.