Matrix Reloaded at IMAX

jkjome85

Here are some general facts I know about IMAX theatres:

The seats are on a 30-degree angle, "thats like a flight of STEEP stairs".

There are typically 72 speakers.

15,000 watts of power or more to the speakers.

The screen wraps around you to the sides and above and below you.

The screen is typically 80 feet diagonally, or 8 STORIES tall!

The projector lamp is typically 15,000 watts, AND could spontaniouslly combust a large log! ANd if it were put on the moon, you could see it with the naked eye!

I got all this information from an IMAX theatre site.

I have been to about 3 different IMAX theatres, "all as a kid" and it was probably the coolest experiences of my life. When you have a scene where you are flying, you R E A L L Y feel like you are moving, and you can look in about any direction and still see screen or picture, so while looking foreward, you get images in your periferal vision, making the experience extremely close to being right there with the camera. I cant wait till Friday when I get to go to see the MATRIX RELOADED at an IMAX theatre, and also for the MATRIX Revolutions movie!

----------------

On 10/8/2003 2:28:13 PM jkjome85 wrote:

Here are some general facts I know about IMAX theatres:

The seats are on a 30-degree angle, "thats like a flight of STEEP stairs".

There are typically 72 speakers.

15,000 watts of power or more to the speakers.

The screen wraps around you to the sides and above and below you.

The screen is typically 80 feet diagonally, or 8 STORIES tall!

The projector lamp is typically 15,000 watts, AND could spontaniouslly combust a large log! ANd if it were put on the moon, you could see it with the naked eye!

I got all this information from an IMAX theatre site.

I have been to about 3 different IMAX theatres, "all as a kid" and it was probably the coolest experiences of my life. When you have a scene where you are flying, you R E A L L Y feel like you are moving, and you can look in about any direction and still see screen or picture, so while looking foreward, you get images in your periferal vision, making the experience extremely close to being right there with the camera. I cant wait till Friday when I get to go to see the MATRIX RELOADED at an IMAX theatre, and also for the MATRIX Revolutions movie!
----------------

I have been to the IMAX in Sydney (australia), Las Vegas, and I think Burbank or one of the cities WAY east of LA. They were all awesome, but Sidney was FAR better than the other two.

there's different types of IMAX out there. standard theater set ups with the uber screens, then there's the 3D ones, then the 180 degree ones. the 180s are bad ***. they take you through different scenarios and you can't help the swaying and what not that you do while watching. it's insane. check out their site at www.imax.com and you can learn all about them.

----------------

On 10/6/2003 1:25:25 PM jkjome85 wrote:

Has anybody seen this movie at an IMAX theatre? I am planning to take a few of my friends to it in a week or so, and want to know what people thought of it at an IMAX theatre.

----------------

Stantard theaters use 35mm film format and project this small image onto a screen. True IMAX films use a 2 1/4" by 2 1/4" format which is about 4x the area of a 35mm image. This image is larger and in proportion magnified less than a similar 35mm film image when projected on the screen. This results in a superior image in clarity and detail. Think of it as the difference between a regular broadcast image and progressive scan DVD. This is why when your sitting watching an IMAX film you feel like your there. The MATRIX will be in standard 35mm format projected onto a larger screen so even though image is larger it's not any clearer. I've seen both and its still fun to watch regular movies on a larger screen. I hope this helps.

IMAX is not a 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 format. It uses 70mm film running sideways. The frame is approximately as tall as a normal theatrical 70mm frame is wide. And it is 15 sprocket holes wide. Aspect ratio is just a bit wider than the picture on your analog TV. It has about 10 times the resolution of a standard 35mm theatrical print.