eBay Cornwall II's listed as Cornwall I's - Huh?

Frzninvt

I emailed this guy/girl seller to let them know that they are indeed selling Cornwall II's and not Cornwall I's (Originals) funny though they tout them as the I's and dog's the II's but that is exactly what they are selling. I see he/she has yet to correct/revise the auction text. I said if he doubted me that he was welcome to come here and get everyone's personal opinion. It is pretty blatant that these are the newer Cornwall II made in 1986. Perhaps others could reinforce the information that I have already provided.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3051725566&category=14993

See what you guys think!

No reply here either, I get the feeling I am being blown off. Obviously have no clue about what the hell they are selling. Must not really know Klipsch Heritage products or it would have been immediately apparent what they have. They are good speakers none the less, but they are certainly not what they are advertising.

Something else doesn't seem right either. the labels state that they are

cornwalls and not cornwall II's although you can clearly see that they are

II's by the way the drivers are mounted. The serial numbers are not

sequential either. they clearly don't know what they are selling.

Dave

Also, it didn't look like the backs matched the fronts. Unfinished birch does not have 45 degree angled veneer at the corners, right? These seem to by the pictures, although a little fuzzy. They look to be walnut veneer to me with labels that say CW BR.

----------------

On 10/8/2003 3:21:32 PM garymd wrote:

Also, it didn't look like the backs matched the fronts.

----------------

Well,duh, Gary!3.gif

On the Cornwall (and Heresy) II's, raw birch boxes were mitered. It will be interesting to see if these get relisted with copy glorifying the II's as far superior...

fini

I thought I might have to clarify. I meant something like,"Well of course the fronts don't match the backs! You know, the woofer, squawker and tweeter are only supposed to be in the front." Yep, a dodo comment. Sorry!

fini

I just checked my email and I did get a reply from the seller of the Cornwalls. The seller will be relisting the Cornwalls this evening with more accurate information. The seller was quite nice in the email and IMHO deserves to be applauded for ending the auction and relisting the speakers with accurate information. IMO this was an easy mistake to make with all the variations of the Cornwall, and Cornwall (not Cornwall II) being printed on the labels.

Edit:

I misread the date the relisting wwill take place, it will be Thurs. evening (10/9). Sorry.

....they still amaze me with their sonic quality. I have been driving these with a Carver 4000 pre-amp and a Carver 15 TFM 120 Watt Amplifier combo and it is more than enough to get incredibly loud yet acoustically accurate, distortion free volume. Klipsch recommends a 100 watts for these. I found the Carver pair above to match these very well and would recommend this combination if you are in the market for electronics also....

No wonder he's selling them - look what he's been driving them with! And to think that he would recommend that combo to someone else - my ears are hemorrhaging just imagining how shrill that would sound. All you need is a mid-1980's CD player to create a match made for tinnitus. Can you say ssssssssssssibilance?

Very cordial person, kept me informed when I let her know she was advertising Cornwall Originals but was showing Cornwall II's (The '85 and up version). Kind of bloated description though, they are not that rare, the original Cornwall II's with the vertical horns are certainly rare but not the newer ones. I think the terms "rare' and "mint" are way overused on eBay and most people don't even fully understand what they mean.