Five Best?

NIUHuskies

----------------

On 10/10/2003 3:54:11 AM nicholtl wrote:

Bullitt? Interesting, I haven't seen that one yet. In fact, I wasn't even alive when French Connection came out, I just studied the heck out of it in film school. William Friedkin also came to speak to us about it. He said when shooting that scene, he wouldn't tell the cinematographer where the cars and actors would be coming from. Likewise, he didn't tell the actors where the camera would be. That way, the entire chase scene has the gritty documentary realism to it...because nobody knew what to play for, it seemed totally natural.

----------------

It was a very realistic chase scene in a great flick. In fact, I would have to view both the FC and Bullitt, once again, to pick a winner. I suggest you rent and view Bullitt when you have a chance. Your perspective would be interesting. Now I guess I'll have to go out and rent both of them as well.

9.gif

----------------

On 10/9/2003 10:31:20 PM boomac wrote:

I believe it was the movie "Bullitt" that actually set the standard. Four years later came The French Connection. It would be a tough call between those two. Pretty realistic stuff. I just watched TFATF II with my kid and although it was entertaining, it's several laps behind the two classics mentioned above.

----------------

You nailed it!

BTW, Bullit was one of the first DVD's I bought because it is the chase scene by which all others are graded.

----------------

On 10/10/2003 8:36:36 PM reel 2 reel wrote:

Then there's the other one from the 70's....."Smokey and the bandit"!!!!...The first one ...not the sequels either.....
----------------

My favorite Gleason quote from SATB:

"There is no way, no way that you came from my loins. The first thing I'm gonna do when I get home is punch your momma in the mouth."